Chrome Strip For Hardtop | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Chrome Strip For Hardtop

• Thread starter Thread starter Gobird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
DavidA,

I agree that we should not take any legal actions or do anything rash. But all owners need to show their dealers the scratching ASAP.

I have needed to wait for Spring here in the
Rockies and will be showing my dealer the vehicle on Thursday 4/4/02.

Last November I talked with the paint shop and dealers service reps about the possible 3M solution, which is really only a band-aid.

Sure complaints must go via customer service and/or your dealer, yet this issue has been one that has fallen through the cracks of time because of Winter for me.

Other than this and a few paint runs, I have loved every thing about my new car. Ford has done a great job so far and I think a quick fix is needed not only for cars on the road, but those yet to be built.

------------------
'56 Fiesta Red Bird
'02 Neiman Marcus Bird
Can't find a better way to Fly!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Upon further reflection, I think Gobird's dealer was wrong in giving him the advice to call Customer service. Had the dealer pulled up the same TSB report that mine did, he would have known then and there that something WAS being done.

I agree that we all should show our dealers the problem on our individual cars so that when the fix is in, we all get it. No action will get no reaction, but over reaction ... well, ..... enough said.

Mob Rule or Strength in Numbers?

Because I believe in Strength in Numbers, I went to my dealer today to show him the problem. Surprise! They had never heard of this issue. This is a big dealership with allotment of 50, delivered 26 so far. Now do you think a dealer with allotment of 4 is going to be aware of it? He did call his T Bird guy to come look at it and send a XXXX (acronym I don't remember).

Red Roadster,Gobird,fdmbird and David A all stated they called the Ford customer Service number and they weren't aware of the issue. David A also OASIS report and that Ford engineers are aware of it. (we could have guessed that since there appears to be a fix on the '03). Makes me wonder why the Ford customer service hotline doesn't have access to that same report?

When Gobird said "FLOOD THE PHONE LINES" I took his message to be strength in numbers, not mob rule.

I may be naive, but I seriously doubt Ford Motor Co has a major focus on making us happy after the fact. They don't want design, engineering, or quality flaws exposed and will react to that, but I doubt the really care about Joe Blow in San Jose, CA being happy after they have spent my money.

One real value to this forum is that we do have strength in numbers, from what I have seen I am confident that strength will be directed in the appropriate manner.

One note:when I went to the dealer today he said "geez, if you have this problem there surely must be others". I said "Yeah, I know a few hundred for sure". He was impressed with that.

Greyfox11 says "Makes me wonder why the Ford customer service hotline doesn't have access to that same report?"

The Customer Assistance Center is not a "Service Hotline". These people are there to take down your concern and transmit it back to your dealer for their handling. Occasionally, they can address an "information" issue like where to get replacement Owner's Manuals, etc.

Your main relationship with Ford is through the dealership. Ford is not a retailer. Their systems are set up to support the dealership (there is a "Service Hotline" for dealer service department's use.)

DavidA is exactly right - don't over react. Tell your Service Manager that you are concerned and you would like to be advised when a "Fix" is available from the factory.
Let him/her know that you would like an EDSR submitted to document your vehicles condition, assuming there are signs of scratching on your vehicle.

Electronic Dealer Service Report. Used to alert Ford Engineering of field concerns, repair procedure problems, etc. An early warning/feedback system.
The Service engineers take it right to the design groups and the service support groups for investigation and "Fix" as appropriate.

RedBirdDlx All I did is what My dealer told me to do and that was report the problem to the 800 number. I hope they take care of the problem. I'm not looking for a quick fix just a good fix. I don't care if it takes 6 months to get this done as long as they do it right.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

-

Went to dealer yesterday and had them file an EDSR of the paint scuffing from the hardtop on our car.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

On April 4 went to my dealer to report paint damage from hard top. Assistant service manager called the Wixom plant QC. Left a voice mail to this QC.

Service manager said the new QC is very good to work with and was impressed by the changes the William Clay Ford is doing.

No other info to report on the top rub.

M D'Armi is now the Car Group Marketing Manager for Ford.

------------------
'56 Fiesta Red Bird
'02 Neiman Marcus Bird
Can't find a better way to Fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back