Chrome hood Bezel replacement

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Heaven,
Bill found the Fuller Ford in cincinnati for the bezel - $107. Another ford dealer down the street wanted even more than the 1st one and none would negotiate at all. It was take or leave so we left!!

Should be here soon, he also ordered the floor and trunk mat from Fuller Ford. These guys are great to deal with knew the part nos. by heart.

Barb
Yellow/white top

should be here soon, he also ordered the floor and trunk mat from Fuller Ford. These guys are great to deal with knew the part nos. by heart.

What Floor and Trunk Mat? I thought the Bird come with the Floor Mat as standard equipment. I can understand the Trunk Mat being a extra. Can you tell us the price for the mats?

tbird 2003,
I picked up the floor mats a couple of weeks ago. They are very nice, with the Thunderbird logo embroidered on them. They are also larger then the stock mats, so they fit much better and give a better overall look. They list for about $53.00 pr., but again you should be able to do better. I got mine for $46.00.

------------------
Blue Premium, Blue Top w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE

Chrome Bezel and mats arrived from Fuller Ford yesterday. The mats are beautiful and fit really nice especially the trunk mat.

The bezel looks fantastic on the yellow bird. It took us about 15 minutes to install was really very easy to do.

When you take off the inside liner you also find marked on the inside hood the date, shift and conveyor your car was built. Ours was 5/2/02 on 1st shift. Interesting place to keep the information as you wouldn't know it was there until you take off the lining.

Glad we ordered all items from Fuller Ford the shipping was quick and price was less than anywhere around.

Yellow/White Top
Bumble bee interior

I took delivery last Thursday, Friday I checked with the parts manager on the chrome bezel, he showed me the computer screen it cost $85.00 +/- and retails for $145.00 +/- he ordered it for me at his cost, also ordered the t-bird logo floor mats, cost $35.00 +/- retail $58.00 +/-. same deal ordered at cost. great dealer to deal with car at $1000 under MSRP no questions asked.

mike02redbird
Red/Red/Full

Originally posted by mike02redbird:
[/B]

That is a 70 percent markup which sounds roughly correct. We could buy parts at one time for 20 percent over cost from the dealer. Saved me a ton when I had to buy a taillight that a lady broke out of my car in the parking lot with a buggy.

Originally posted by tbird:
That is a 70 percent markup which sounds roughly correct. We could buy parts at one time for 20 percent over cost from the dealer. Saved me a ton when I had to buy a taillight that a lady broke out of my car in the parking lot with a
buggy.
Just a price update-- with no loyalty nor connection with a dealer since I bought my Bird used.
Decided to take the plunge and buy the bezel. Went to Windward Ford and they gave me the retail price of $175. with a 20% discount ($130) which I begged for. Not in stock tho. So then I called the Fuller Ford people in Cincinnati, and Rick told me the price was $165. but he ended up giving it to me for $125. plus shipping and he had it in stock. So I ordered it.

JimJet & Yello 7530:
My dealer in NH says that the mark up is great enough that he would adjust. His list was $143 and sold it for $120. So it is negotiable and up to the parts manager.
Yello, I installed my own and is was quite easy. To answer your question, NO paint scratched and it's a Black car.
A) Disconnected the two wires at base of hood
B) Took down hood insulation - Carefully
C) Loosened the three fasteners on back of scoop
D) Slid fabric (old T-Shirt) under existing scoop
E) Slid Black one off and chrome one on.
F) Reattached insulation and two wires.
It looks great!!
PS, I am not handy so anyone can do this and save the installation costs.

Well, After a little delay from the dealer getting the darn thing, I finaaly got my bezel, and installed this morning. Very easy to do, following instructions, posted above, took 15 min. tops, with a refill on coffee, in the interm. Very pleased with the results!

------------------
2002 Thunderbird blue
2001 Mag Red Corvette vert.
2000 Aqua Marine PT Cruiser
1968 Rally Red Corvette roadster

Originally posted by koko bird:
That is a 70 percent markup which sounds roughly correct. We could buy parts at one time for 20 percent over cost from the dealer. Saved me a ton when I had to buy a taillight that a lady broke out of my car in the parking lot with a
buggy.
Just a price update-- with no loyalty nor connection with a dealer since I bought my Bird used.
Decided to take the plunge and buy the bezel. Went to Windward Ford and they gave me the retail price of $175. with a 20% discount ($130) which I begged for. Not in stock tho. So then I called the Fuller Ford people in Cincinnati, and Rick told me the price was $165. but he ended up giving it to me for $125. plus shipping and he had it in stock. So I ordered it.

buggy.

Note that the bezel arrived on Monday after the Discover's Day holiday. Took less than 15 minutes to install. Just pop off the 10 or so plastic holders of the insulation , then squeeze(with a plier) and push the clips that hold the old bezel through- from left to the right, or from right to the left, but NOT from the center. The bezel pops out-- and just "pop" the new one in with steaddy even pressure. Did it with the hood up and didn't mess with the two wires that hold up the insulation.
Anyway it ended up costing me $141. with shipping-- Hawaii is more expensive to ship to.
Would I do it again---for $60---yes. $141.---probably..not.

NOW-- what can we do with these old bezels?? Perhaps we can take the chrome one off in winter and match our newly installed non body color hardtops with a bezel we trade each other?? I have a red one available. Anyone with a Black?

Note that the bezel arrived on Monday after the Discover's Day holiday. Took less than 15 minutes to install.

Are these really chrome or plastic that looks like chrome? I'm trying really hard to justify the price here because I like the look.

------------------
Debi in MI
2002 T-Bird blue/full blue/no top
1997 Corvette black
1987 Cougar XR-7 black

THNDR B They are plastic, which is chrome plated. It is not listed as chrome in the dealers catalog as such, so don't get confused if they tell you they don't have a chromed one. It really is.

THNDR B They are plastic, which is chrome plated. It is not listed as chrome in the dealers catalog as such, so don't get confused if they tell you they don't have a chromed one. It really is.

How do I get to see the pictures you refer to? I don't know what the J-Rods Data Likk is. Thanks, Guy.
Originally posted by ragtopguy:
I hae a yellow bird that has the chrome bezel, it looks great. Check out the pics on J-Rods data link. There are a couple of pics there of my car.

-

------------------
Guy Giordano

Seems that somewhere in July the cost of the chrome bezel almost doubled. I had one installed somewhere around July 20th and it was still the old price. Right after that, I was hearing reports of the price going way up. Guess FORD caught on to the fact that a lot of regular bird owners liked the look from the NM. My theory is that at least part of the reason for the increase is that the original run of bezels FORD had made for the NM cars themselves, plus extras for replacement parts was used up. At that point more had to be made to meet demand and the second run cost a little more. FORD used the opportunity to raise the price up, perhaps even to deter folks from purchasing them.

Glad I got mine - it looks good on the red.

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Does anyone know of a chrome bezel available for my 2004 Merlot T-Bird Deluxe. I've been looking and found a NOS from some dealer but they want $443. for it. Crazy for a part that used to cost under one hundred. If anyone knows of one for sale I am willing to go $150.00 but not more than that. Thanks All

What bezel are you looking for? There are exterior and interior bezels. Please describe where it is located and if possible post a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back