CD Player kapoot | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

CD Player kapoot

• Thread starter Thread starter fuzzdevil
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The CD player is sensitive to discs that contain a paper/computer label......... typically home made. Jams are common.

I've had mine replaced twice. Never had a cd in it that had anything==paper or otherwise==attached. Just a poor design. CDs just get stuck from time to time.

Stuck CDs

I have the problem now in my third CD player. I told my Ford rep that it's time to install an external CD player at their expense.(I have now had three players that all stick.) He said bring it in when it has one stuck. I was able to get it unstuck by using the side of another CD to push it back in. I haven't tried to get one stuck again, but will soon, since my warranty expires next month. 😕

We took ours in to our local ford dealer to look at the CD problem. There was not one in stock,and it appears according to my service rep, that there are no others in the entire 50 state region. Needless to say I was alittle ticked walking out of there.

So now I have no radio or CD player and they said it's a 4-5 day turn around for the radio to be repaired and then reinstalled. My service rep says "That's Ford's policy not ours" to repair and not replace.

*VENT MODE ON*
Lawley Ford here in Sierra Vista, AZ has to have the worst customer service known to mankind.
I think I would rather inconvenience myself by driving an hour to Tucson and waiting all day than inconveniencing myself by taking it locally and never getting anything repaired.
*VENT MODE OFF*

Many CD players have been replaced.

Usually the best Ford Dealers to go to are the Blue Oval Certified dealers. They are certified because of their sales and service. They don't like poor survey results either. So shop around for a good one.

George, I just looked on the internet and lawley's team ford is Blue Oval certified, I'm still trying to catch my breath.....

However I did dispatch an email on Wednesday to the General Mgr at the ford dealership and he got back to me today apologizing for the lack of service that I recieved. He said he forwarded my email to the Area Manager, and said he totally agreed with my complaint.
I asked him "If an injector goes bad, do you replace it or send it out for repair and tell the customer it will be back in a week?" he said " Well we would replace it". I didn't say anything and allowed my point to wash over him.

He said that he would come to my house and deliver the car to the dealership for the driveability issue, but I replied that I would be bringing it back in on Monday or Tuesday as that was when he promised my radio would be back.
So we'll see if it makes it here on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks for the reply J&B. If they are certified they want you to be happy so you don't send in a bad survey report on them.
Now that you have had contact with him, when you take it in for the service, look him up.
A) To say thanks for getting back to you.
B) He'll now know that your car is there.
C) He'll probably make sure you're happy before you leave.
D) You have a new contact there that you have established a communication with and service will probably always be better.
E) You'll probably fill out a favorable report if asked.
Good luck and keep us posted

I took my baby back in yesterday to get the cd player reinstalled, and that was taken care of with no hurdles.
I had a runnability issue where it would hesitate on take off. Hot or cold but alweays from a stop.

The Service Mgr and their lead tech took the car for a drive with a ECM monitoring device hooked up. It seems that the Throttle Position Sensor and the Mass Air Flow sensor were within specs, but they were riding the ragged edge, so I left it with them another night so they could order those two new parts and hopefully that will fix the problem.

You were right George, the Service Advisor was very nonchalant until I mentioned that I had been working with both the General Mgr and The Service/Parts Mgr. After that little tidbit was announced, he was quite awake and did every thing to make sure I was taken care of.

After this is all done I will send a nice letter off to Lawley ford and thank them for everything.

J&B:
I'm glad it worked out OK for you.....It will pay off in the future, and they may not forget you 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back