Care/Soft Top | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Care/Soft Top

• Thread starter Thread starter Chief
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a simple, but effective, way to care for the soft top? Washing, keeping lint/dust off, applied fabric treatment, etc..

I know we've covered the subject before on this board. I lost my hard copy of the discussion. Sorry......

I think we've had our last Minnesota snow storm. (8" yesterday.)It will be time to "wake" the Bird up soon.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Chief:

For cleaning the soft top I just use the car wash detergent, it seems to be fine. In other words, I just wash the whole car the same way.

For picking up lint from the top I use the megaroller (www.megaroller.com), it's the biggest, stickiest roller you ever saw. Also excellent for removing cat hair from dark suits.

(Lint hint - my wife got me some black hand towels for drying the top. They do leave lint behind - but it's black!)

For top sealing I either use the BMW liquid convertible top sealer or Raggtopp from Autofanatics (http://www.autofanatics.com/ragprot.html), both work well.

Best of luck!

Tom M

Chief:

For cleaning the soft top I just use the car wash detergent, it seems to be fine. In other words, I just wash the whole car the same way.

For picking up lint from the top I use the megaroller (www.megaroller.com), it's the biggest, stickiest roller you ever saw. Also excellent for removing cat hair from dark suits.

(Lint hint - my wife got me some black hand towels for drying the top. They do leave lint behind - but it's black!)

For top sealing I either use the BMW liquid convertible top sealer or Raggtopp from Autofanatics (http://www.autofanatics.com/ragprot.html), both work well.

Best of luck!

Tom M

Well I'm sure a thread that's over 6 years old doesn't pop up that often. I'm an original member of the board and I don't visit as often as I once did, but I'm curious if anyone has ever used the MegaRoller that is mentioned in this thread. I remembered reading about it on this board years ago and I bought one. It worked great and now I've been trying to get refills (or even buy a new one), but the website doesn't appear to be too helpful anymore. Can anyone offer any insight or perhaps an alternative (other than the traditional lint rollers used for clothes)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back