Best Hardtop Hoist for Bird? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Best Hardtop Hoist for Bird?

• Thread starter Thread starter waterskiers2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waterskiers2

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Top Hoist Recommendation

Waterskiiers2:

I have an Ez-top with the electric winch and sheepskin pads. I have been using it for two years and have had no problems whatsoever. I would buy one again in a heartbeat. Paying the extra for the electric winch with an extended control cable was well worth the money, since it allows me to accurately position the top during lowering or raising activities.

Jim

Waterskiers2,

Did you plan to store the top on the hoist while its off? I think long-term hanging from three or four pressure points on the top are where the problems come in... Do you take the top on & off frequently?

I don't put my top on often (or ever) but can those with lifts tell us how difficult it is to jockey directly under the lift? It seems that if you aren't exactly under the lift you'd still want two people to help guide it on & off. Of course you don’t have the weight to deal with.

Hoist Installation

🙄

LRHyne:

I installed my hoist myself. No help needed, it's a one person job. Just a few simple tools and follow the well detailed instructions. Any handyman type person should be able to install the hoist without difficulty.

Jim

Hoist install

Very simple for one. Clear instruction. Need just basic tools.

If one get the electric, if two people, easy with the manual. Its
really time consuming, jockeying things around more than anything.
If a person who likes messin around cars probably a piece of cake,
I'm not into cars so give it a PIA rating more than others. Don't think
would be disappointed in the cost spent on the EZ hoist system.
Finding a good safe place to store that top once off is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back