Anyone lease their bird? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Anyone lease their bird?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeffn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if anyone's leased their tbird. I was considering one and fit the lease profile fairly well-company car, lowish useage. Anyone know what are fair terms in these "buyer's market" times? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't know of anyone that leases, but it's rather costly.
The initial payments will be lower than if you bought the car, but the first three years of a lease usually pays off the depreciation and then the buyout is at a predetermined rate. The overall cost, if you buy it out, will cost you more in the end or at least, full sticker value. If you don't buy it, you will have paid the depreciation for the Auto company and they in turn will put it on a lot at retail at the end of your lease.
Also remember, you will pay all taxes, title and registration fees for the entire term, as if you had actually owned it.
There are too many other TBird deals out there that could be negotiated and you would probably save money.
Good luck....

Originally posted by George
The overall cost, if you buy it out, will cost you more in the end or at least, full sticker value. If you don't buy it, you will have paid the depreciation for the

Typically a person leasing does not buy it out, however I have seen it done. The stupid thing about a lease end is the dealer normally has the same car on the lot for sale used. People will rip themselves off buying their own car when they could have turned in the keys, walked outside and bought the same car on the used lot for 2-5 thousand dollars less.

With that said, if you are looking for the best deal on a car, you buy a used one with low miles and pay for an extended warranty. Buying a new car is never a good deal, however it is sometimes the only way to get the new bodystyle (like the new F-series) etc.

Leasing

With several family members working for Ford, I've A-Planned serveral Explorers and leased them all. Other models I've checked on simply don't lease well. Taurus's don't lease well. We did the 2 year red carpet program (onepay) which saves extra dollars. If you can A-Plan as we did and also take the incentives, the deal is good either way. Really depends on how long you want to drive the vehicle. I've never understood those that lease and then buy it in the end. That option cost you more. Some even told me that the onepay was not smart for me to do when money is cheap to borrow. If you run the numbers and have a car fund set up paying the one lease payment up front can save you some interest money. Not as big of an issue in today's economy. I A-Planned my 03 T-Bird and also took the $4,000 rebate, so I felt I got a car worth the value. Likely would have kept my other sports car, if I would have had to pay full sticker. Took our Bird out today, (first drive in 3-4 weeks) as the streets in KC have been nasty. Still love it! But need to get back to the dealer on the rear rattle yet. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Why would you put money down on a lease?

That was plus tax I'm sure.

So it's 450.00/month + Tax, Title, and fees. (You don't put money down on a lease, ever)

Leasing

As I've mentioned before, leasing is not for everyone. A great way to try out a vehicle for a short time that you are unsure of. I've leased several Ford products using the (A-Plan) under the 2-year Red Carpet program. Never lease if you think you want to keep the car or drive it for a long time. Don't let anybody fool you, leasing is simply a creative form of financing. Never start out a lease and plan to buy at the end. It will cost you big bucks. As a general rule cars with the highest depreciation factor will lease better, but not always. Folks that like to drive a new car every two to three years and don't mind monthy payments or the one pay lease payment every couple of years might like leasing. Leasing many times lures some folks to drive a car loaded with options that they may not be able to afford in their budget on conventional financing. Good luck to those considering leasing. When is Spring going to get here? I'm ready to do some fun top-down driving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back