Any 2002s left? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Any 2002s left?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeffn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't know of any '02's, but all dealers are making deals on '03's.
Suggest you stop looking for an '02 and get your deal on '03 with the added HP

We just sold our last 02, and I don't know of any more in Cali. You might want to try Florida. 🙂

left-over '02

You might try Johnson Ford Lincoln Mercury at 694 East St. in Pittsfield Ma. Last time I was there (2 weeks) they still had one but I don't recall color. Their number is 413- 443- 6431. Good luck.

There were a couple of new 02s in Florida a week or 2 ago, when I was looking. One on ebay, that I saw, had a high bid of $31k that didn't sell. I'm sure there are some 02s still languishing on car lots around the country. The real trick is to find a Deluxe model with no hard top for real savings. In my search, it seem that the premiums outnumbered the deluxes by about 10 to one and I didn't see any without hard top in any year. I finally bought my Bird from the closest Ford dealer to me. They had 4 on the lot, two 03s and 2 04s. I bought on the 29th of Sept. They seemed to be hot to get the car off the lot by the end of the month. I didn't think they still payed floor plan like that anymore, but I quess I was wrong. Anyway, the color selection wasn't great. the 03s were red/red and black/brown and the 04s were black/black and merlot/tan all premiums with hardtops. I was after a red/red anyway. The final result, I got my 03 for almost $6100 off MSRP. MSRP $41890.00, sales price $35,798.50.

One caveat though, I had bought from this dealer before. They are a blue oval dealer and just don't act like most dealers. They're pretty decent and don't add on a bunch of unexpected fees & charges after you make the deal. And they still have 3 left!

Try http://www.poffenbaughford.com. Duke is their internet manager and he claims he won't be undersold.

Todd: I think you did very well. Best of luck

I agree, Flodia is a grat place to look for 02's.

On current pricing on 03's. I have four on my lot I will sell for $34,196.86. I also know of a dealership in La that is going a little lower according to some sources. You should be able to get the price above if you stand your ground at most larger lots.
🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back