Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TbirdMarty

VIP Contributor
Last seen
As I sit here typing this I am looking at a canceled check for my deposit on my 2002 Tbird. It has been one year and I am still anxiously awaiting it's arrivial. It might be interesting to start a poll of the folks on this board as to who has received their bird and those of us who are still birdless. I know it will be a high point in 2002 when my dealer calls me and says my bird is finally on the production line. I was 24 of 26 at my dealer and as of last check I had moved (snails pace) up to 19 after a few dropped out and he's got only 3 birds so far. Needless to say it's on my to do list to call him today for an update.
Hope everyone has a terrific new year and that those of us who are waiting will soon be soaring with our birds. But for now I am one year and waiting.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

TBirdmarty,
Eleven months and still waiting. my dealer has 6 vins(out of 18). Hoping for late March for delivery. I't been a long time since Living legends in B'ham in july.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

VIN 101396 built 6/01 ETA 7/9/01 received 10/09/01 Deposit 2/99. Also caught in quality hold. Had to be shipped back to Wixom from Amarillo, Tx.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Vin.109293. Ordered Jan.12,2001. Build date 1/14/02. No bird yet but shouldn't be long now. Was 7of12 now am 4of12. Dealer has gotten 3 in so far. Mine is next !!!

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Mine is VIN 105099. I ordered it through MSN Carpoint's website on 7/3. It was built 11/1 and delivered to me on 12/3. Just passed the 1,000 mile mark yesterday! Great Car!

# 7 of 30

I put my deposit down 4/01

VIN 9476, expected build week of 1/14.

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
Waiting for #9476...

Vin #102032 Delivered 10th month. Deposit $1000 Feb/March-- Switched dealer (they wanted 5000 over) in June . Deposit returned and reapplied to new Dealer (Manderbach Ford)
Baby's in garage now..

VIN: 1FAHP60A32Y10831 is currently in trim on the production line. Will be coming through final assembly on Friday, January 4! Placed my deposit on November 18 after getting royally SCREWED by my local dealer who decided not to honor our MSRP deal. Expected ETA right now is week ending 1/21, but my guess is that it will be at the dealer by 1/19. Scheduled to take delivery on Saturday, January 26 after returning from vacation.

Just a reminder to those still waiting...I'm leaving next Thursday for Wixom, so if there's any VINs I should be on the lookout for, please let me know.

Very excited expectant Papa!

KB

T02 Bird,

I think you missed a digit on the last six of your VIN on above post.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

KB -less than 3 weeks. how time flies. congrats and have a great trip.

Neiman Marcus, vin #00035; ordered 9/25/00;built 7/01;delivered 10/04/01 -12.5 painful months

TBirdMarty - you put down a deposit 12 months ago and got spot 24? wow!

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Ordered 11/18/2000 with $1000.00 deposit, picked up 11/19/2001. Vin # 104359, Red with White Hard top. was one of one for a small dealer. Approximately 1800 miles and in love with the car. An old buddy of mine said it made him want a Vette even more, so he had Santa bring him a new Blue one.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

T02 bird

While in Wixom Keep an eye out for mine. I'm right behing you with 8405....all blue

Started looking to order one in late July 2001 to be delivered before 12/31/01. Emailed all dealers within a 90 mile radius. A dealer 25 miles form home said he was pretty sure the only one he was going to get would become available as the original ordering party had lost their job. He said another one of his good customers had expressed interest but he probably would be over ruled by the Mrs.

We kept in touch and low and behold in mid-October when I called to touch base he said the car would be in the first week of November and I would have the right of first refusal since the others had dropped out. On October 30th he sent me an e-mail saying the car was in. I couldn't wait - took the afternoon off to go take a look. We were still haggling over the price so I didn't drive the car because I didn't want the emotions to over take the brain (like they hadn't already). He told me the bottom line of what it was going to take to get the car. I went home to mull it over and called him back the next day to say yes.

Went back on a rainy Nov. 3rd to do the paperwork (didn't drive it that day as it was cleaned up and the centerpiece of the dealership). I arranged to have him deliver the car to my work via trailer on November 9th (let him keep it on the showroom floor for a few days). The car was delivered exactly as scheduled at the end of the work day and I had more fun showing it off to co-workers that evening than you can imagine. Drove the car for the first time that night when I took it home. My wait was tough enough, I can't imagine what some of you are going through after more than a year

Been smiling ever since - current mileage is 890 miles.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

rlstonejr;

You would not believe what I had to go through just to get that precious #24 spot. I was on 5 different dealers waiting list, two of which I had to keep informed as to the progress on the Bird and Ford's recommended ordering policy. Needless to say of all those dealers only one came through, my local home town dealer screwed me royally after I had kept him in the loop so to speak. One of his connected "buddies" got the slot that should have been mine. Hopefully I will get my BlueBird sometime in late spring. If not for the Media tour drive I got to take along with joelga, filbird, and others the wait might be a little more scary. After that though, I know that I am getting an absolute "FINE" piece of road art. Enjoy -- those of you who have your birds and please pull for those of us who are still "expectantly waiting".

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

tbirdmarty, I put a deposit down on whisper white premium 02/99, car was ordered on 01/15/01. I am still waiting on a vin #? I am 3 of 8 at dealer. He can't seem to find any infomation on it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back