airbag light

Search the forum "AIRBAG". Most likely it is a clockspring in the steering column. Other possibility is a bad airbag. I had both. If you turn the key the airbag light should flash a code. Count the first group of flashes for the first number then after it pauses count the second group of flashes for the second number.

Search the forum "AIRBAG". Most likely it is a clockspring in the steering column. Other possibility is a bad airbag. I had both. If you turn the key the airbag light should flash a code. Count the first group of flashes for the first number then after it pauses count the second group of flashes for the second number.
Yes, it was the clockspring-thanks

My airbag light is on. I don't know if it is the sensor. Aren't the bags filled with some type of gas? If so, after 17 years is it possible the gas has gone bad? Any reason to worry?

A dealership can answer your question about the gas in the air bag aging.

The being on is an issue you may want to look into. It Should not be on after start up.

My airbag light is on. I don't know if it is the sensor. Aren't the bags filled with some type of gas? If so, after 17 years is it possible the gas has gone bad? Any reason to worry?
Do the cruise control buttons and the radio buttons work on your steering wheel. If those are bad and the air bag light is on, it most likely is the clock spring. All of those issues were fixed when my clock spring was replaced.

Back