2002 2003 2004 2005 Ford Thunderbird Clock Spring Replacement Part

biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
If your cruise control isn't working or intermittently working, your air bag lights are on, you are having problems with your horn or steering wheel controls, it could be your clock spring. I can also be caused by the FEM if you are showing other problems as described in this thread.

2002 part # XW4Z-14A664-AA Purchase on eBay here

2003-2005 part #3W6Z-14A664-AA aka 3W6T-14A664-AF - Purchase on eBay here (Note will erroneously say it does not fit 2003, but that is incorrect, same part for 03-05)

clockspring.jpg

Video from Lincoln LS Clockspring replacement which is similar to the Thunderbird

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

2003-2004-2005 are the same part number! #3W6Z-14A664-AA
clockspring.jpg

Cruise Control failed. Cruise Control indicator light on panel will not come on when I press CC "ON" button. Tried all CC buttons, same results. Had dealer replace clockspring, same results. Fuses OK. Tried to check speed control switch on brake pedal but can not locate it, appears that instrument panel must be removed to get to that switch. Is that correct ??

Anyone have knowledge of a clock spring available to fit 2003-2005 model? The symptoms of the clock spring failure have already been discussed many times on the forum. In my case, intermittent cruise control function and steering wheel radio control buttons have gone crazy…volume button changes stations but not volume. Station change button has its own mind. So far none of the other common symptoms.
Any help would be appreciated.

Back