Air Conditioning Interior Hissing | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Air Conditioning Interior Hissing

• Thread starter Thread starter AKBirdie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
AKBirdie

AKBirdie

'29 Ford Model A - my 1st car to 2011 Lincoln MKS
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
As I live in Alaska, I "put down" my '02 TBird each winter. When I took the cover off and started it up this spring, it just wasn't the same car.

I have a hissing sound from the instrument panel. I have isolated it to the A/C cycling including the defroster which uses the A/C to "dry" the cabin air. The hiss lasts about 5 seconds and occurs about every 3 - 5 minutes. When the climate control is turned off, it doesn't happen. I took it to Ford as I though one of the vacumn hoses or bellows for the many air gates had srpung a leak. Ford tells me that is not the case. They state it might be because the refrigerant is low and when the A/C compressor cycles it "line air bubbles" until it is compressed.

Has any one had this happen or better put - is Ford's accessment correct? I am not too sure I want to pay the $200 plus for them to charge the system if their assumption is wrong.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've seen a lot of posts on TBirds in the past 4 years, but this is the first I've heard of this type of issue 😕 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back