Aftermarket Heaters for Seats | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Aftermarket Heaters for Seats

• Thread starter Thread starter jboriott
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - my dealer told me he can have the seats heated. Cost approx $350 per seat.

He's done this for a number of Explorers and Expeditions. They remove the seat cover, add the elements, and reattach the seat covers. I'm thinking seriously about doing this (since I don't ever plan to put the top up while driving).

Has anyone done this?

As I don't have my bird yet, can someone tell me if there is an empty switch on the dash so they don't have to cut it. I guess another alternative would be to out a switch under the dash, i.e. out of site.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I would be very interested to hear how this works out for you.

Re locating the switches, there's an empty plate right in front of the shifter. That would be the ideal place to mount a switch.

Tom M

I just finished checking out the Lincoln LS controls.. The Heated seat controls are right below the climate controls.. So, your right.. The controls would go right in front of the shifter...

this was discussed in another forum, and there was a concern voiced about heating elements being placed in seats with side air bags and the potential for damaging those. you may want to check on that before proceeding. the handful of times i've used my heater in my 2002 windstar in the past year wouldn't make it worth my while.

------------------
Gary L Henkel

Hi All:
Anybody install aftermarket seat heaters in thier 2002 TBIrds? Pretty cold in Indiana this morning, and I would sure like the Hot Seat!
-Brian LaLone

Originally posted by saj:
I don't see '02 birds listed on their website. Is there some special way to search?

That is it, follow the link. Another member installed that on an 02 bird months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back