adding a supercharger to a 2003

if its tried and true that shouldn't be a problem.
looks like my bored maf and k/n cai should fit.
ill take mine in the 100 - 150 size and black.
time for the shift kit install.
Aznav where are you ? :)

Last edited:
I plan to transfer a Jaguar 2004 4.2 XJR motor to my 2002 T-Bird. I have the complete donor car Is it better to transfer the motor, transmission and rear end from the Jaguar to the T-. bird. Or just the motor? Seems there would be less computer problems by transferring the whole Jaguar drive change to the T-bird

Wallace -
The 6-speed Jaguar ZF automatic transmission that comes with supercharged AJ engines with which I am familiar has a "VERY LOW" first gear ratio (4.171:1 vs Thunderbird 3.22:1). This is used as Jaguar cars with supercharged engines have a numerically lower rear gear ratio (2.87:1 vs Thunderbird 3.58:1). This allows higher top speed while the numerically higher transmission first gear maintains low speed acceleration.
Basically Jaguar 6-speed ratios are like a Thunderbird 5-speed with an extra lower ratio first gear.
It would be unusual to drive a car with a Jaguar six-speed auto trans and a stock Thunderbird rear differential ratio unless the object is to build a red-light bandit. First gear would be very short. Would need more rear tire.
(I've driven 5.13 rear gears on the street and it quickly gets boring unless you start in second gear.)

aznav
I don't know if its same guy but last he said was12-14, even 10
I was looking at COMPLETE new rousch for 7500, different motor
I won't ever see the unit for 10-14

Much as I like the Birds, if I wanted a supercharged car, I would just buy and drive the Jag it comes in

Much as I like the Birds, if I wanted a supercharged car, I would just buy and drive the Jag it comes in
Exactly. Besides, 400 under that hood!?

aznav
I don't know if its same guy but last he said was12-14, even 10
I was looking at COMPLETE new rousch for 7500, different motor
I won't ever see the unit for 10-14
Yup. He said 8. Will pm his email if you want.

thats money in a deep hole imo.

I have put superchargers and turbochargers on 6 of my cars. all had carburetors no computer control anything. Today you will need to change injectors and EMC programs for best performance. Different Cam shafts will also get you more HP when pressurizing intakes. and all need inter coolers.

I was wondering if anyone knew about supercharging an 03 Thunderbird. I've seen the Quik LS build, which uses the same engine, but I cant figure out what type of supercharger he used. Has anyone done this before or know what type would fit?

MODERATOR NOTE: This is the only realistic way to improve the performance on your car- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/aftermarket-performance-parts-upgrades-2002-2003-2004-2005-thunderbird.5001/
Yes I drove a 2003 with a Eaton SC on it and it makes a huge difference. It's a shame Ford didn't put the Jag SC motor in the birds

Back