A/C PROBLEMS

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have been to the dealer. They checked my fuses,evacuated the system,-all ok--but didn't run freon through the car to engage the compressor. I am only getting warm air through the vents. The car sat fro about 11 months,and was working when I parked it. What could be the problem? Does the car have relay,and if so,is it denoted in fuse box.

Tom

Tom, this is a problem shared with the Lincoln LS. It is a malfunction of the internal ac flaps that shunt the air through different phases. I had the same issue on my 2002 LS. Lincoln dealer repaired and I never had the problem again. So far my 2004 Bird is trouble free but my brother called me recently with the same issue on his '04. Go to the Edmonds LS forum and search the AC thread if you want more reports on this issue.

Put the DATC through a self test by pushing off and defrost buttons at the same time. Then press the recirc button within two seconds. if there is a problem it will display a code. If three lines are on the display there are no codes in the system. just press any button after the test, and system will return to normal.

I have been to the dealer. They checked my fuses,evacuated the system,-all ok--but didn't run freon through the car to engage the compressor. I am only getting warm air through the vents. The car sat fro about 11 months,and was working when I parked it. What could be the problem? Does the car have relay,and if so,is it denoted in fuse box.

Tom
Compressor seal has dried up due to lack of lubrication by compressor oil. This will cause loss of R-134 freon and unit will be unable to cool properly. Suggest you have a qualified tech add freon and see if system will operate properly. If so, you may get lucky, and over a period of a few weeks, the oil may revitalize the dried seal and eliminate the leaking of Freon. If not, its either a seal or compressor r & r. I doubt your trouble lies on the electrical side.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back