2005 No power to fuel pump

B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
05 cranks but will not start, No power to fuel pump, I have had this to two repair shops and they can not figure it out, All they can tell me is the computers are not linking up to each other, The REM has been checked and reinstalled, The FEM has been changed and still no start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Did you check to see if the red button on the inertia fuel shutoff switch is fully depressed? The purpose of the inertia fuel shutoff switch is to shutoff the fuel pump if a collision occurs. Once the switch is open, it must be manually reset before restarting the vehicle. The inertia fuel shutoff switch is located under the left kick panel and the red button can be seen without removing the panel.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Inertia Fuel Shutoff Switch.jpg

Yes, I was told it was checked, They also told me the anti-theft system is keeping the system locked out.

I had a similar problem. The dash would flash on and off but would not start. I disconnected the battery, waited five minutes, and the car then started—the dash still continued to go nuts. I drove the car like that for a couple of miles—the dash calmed down, I parked it, and it disconnected the battery again. I reconnected it after five minutes and have had no problems since. Before it went back to normal, I was told that I would have to send the instrument cluster in for repair.

I have no problem with any of the lights and the battery has been disconnected and reconnected many times with no success.

Back