2005 Cashmere front end work {ie} Pinto parts!!

Mike in Nashville

Mike in Nashville

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just got my T Bird after having the front end worked on. They replaced both struts, upper control arms, sway bar links, rear sway bar links. Also replaced a rear ABS sensor plus changed oil and filter. The price was a little more than I was expecting but actually reasonable for the amount of work done.
The thing that really bothered me was how under sized the parts looked for a car with a large V8 engine. I swear the parts looked like they belonged under the front end of a 4 cylinder Pinto, Falcon or some other light weight auto. It is just me, is the T Bird suspension under engineered or all all newer cars built this way?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Just got my T Bird after having the front end worked on. They replaced both struts, upper control arms, sway bar links, rear sway bar links. Also replaced a rear ABS sensor plus changed oil and filter. The price was a little more than I was expecting but actually reasonable for the amount of work done.
The thing that really bothered me was how under sized the parts looked for a car with a large V8 engine. I swear the parts looked like they belonged under the front end of a 4 cylinder Pinto, Falcon or some other light weight auto. It is just me, is the T Bird suspension under engineered or all all newer cars built this way?

They are the same parts used on hundreds of thousands of Lincoln LSs... the likely reason for replacing the parts are deteriorated rubber boots that surround the joints. Some mechanics replace these parts at the first sign of bad boots, others recommend waiting until the parts actually wear... what did your mechanic do?

I use to have a 2002 Lincoln LS and yes they do work though they look nimble. I have a 2016 Mercedes Benz and you should see how massive they are!!! Get what you pay for.

Back