2004 Want interior lights to come on when doors unlocked

JW in Dixie

JW in Dixie

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
It's in the manual somewhere but. Can someone please tell me? Thanks

It's in the manual somewhere but. Can someone please tell me? Thanks
On the interior light panel near the roof release handle, they are three switches. The two outer switches are for the map lights. the middle switch is for the center light. It's a rocker switch with a left, middle and right position. Moving it to the right (passenger side) will cause the light to come on when the car doors are opened and it will go off when the doors closed. on the lower left dash are your dash and headlights light switches. There is a rotary dial switch. All the way up turns the floor and interior light on. Moving it down will set the brightness of the dash lights and set the interior lights to come on when you unlock/open the car doors.

Thanks so much mdpigroaster - would have taken me hours to find that in the book. Cheers

And rotate the dimmer control a click from the top position, otherwise the lights stay on it appears.

Hello, I followed the instructions from "mdpigroaster" and they did not work for me.

Interior side door panel lamps do not turn on when opening the doors, all the other lamps below turn on:

{The glove box lamp, footwell lamps, luggage compartment lamp, Map/courtesy overhead lamps all turn on.}

I looked at the "fuse box diagram" but they do not have a fuse listed for just the side door panels, I was hoping there was one!

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.

If you are referring to the door reflector lens circled in the picture below there is no light inside, it's just a reflector.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Door Panel.jpg

Problem solved then, thank you Doug7740. I had an issue with the "footwell lamps" not turning off which it finally solved....by itself, after a couple of hours of trying different fixes but I do not really know for sure if any of the methods I tried to fix it with really worked, next thing I knew after I took a break, they were off, I believe it might it have had something to do with rainwater getting in on the driver's side door and something got wet inside the door panel and whatever it was, it dried-up and the lamps when off. Bottom line, I thought by trying all those fixes, I somehow screwed up the lamps on the door and they were not coming on and did not remember that those lamps on the door are only "reflectors".
Thanks again.

Back