2004 Thunderbird intermittent no start DTC U1262

Sbrown
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Sometimes she will start sometimes she won't. The only DTC U1262 is the only code I have. Has anyone else run into this and where is a good place to start.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

U1262 code is a communication error code. Meaning that the PCM, the Powertrain Control Module is loosing or never communicates with the instrument cluster. Also the PCM may not be communicating with the PATS Passive Anti Thief System.
Have you another ignition key? If so try it to see if this eliminates the problem.
There could be a defective communications wire between the PCM and the many components it operates with.
If you need to go to a dealership for this problem you will have better success with a Lincoln than. Ford dealer just due to Lincoln's LS model. Ford doesn't see that many T-Birds.

All good advice, Blu. At this point in time though it’s not likely that the Lincoln dealer still sees a lot of LS repair work.

True about the Lincoln dealership, but if their service folks have been around awhile they'll know. One usually doesn't forget your expertise.
Whatever you decide to do I would be interested in knowing the outcome.

Back