1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

2004 PCV valve replacement

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by 04tbirdjerry, Feb 12, 2019 at 7:20 PM.

1. I have bought two different pcv valves for my 04 bird, both times a mech told me it was wrong one. I went to Pep Boys this time, they said they don't carry one. I was told it's against firewall, driver side, off back cylinder. I can't even get my hand back there. Anyone know where it is, and where to get right part? I checked YouTube, only 1video and wasn't much help. So, Help!

ChuckH262 likes this.
  2. biddle

biddle Forum Moderator Staff Member

Folks, when you post to the forum, add the model year(s) of the car in the subject/title of your post. I just edited and added this.

ChuckH262 and 04tbirdjerry like this.
  3. Thank you for editing

biddle likes this.
  4. What is a "PCV" valve? My 04 manual shows one "Evaporative emission canister purge valve" and two "fuel vapor vent valves" and "one fuel filler pipe check valve" as parts of the Evaporative emission control system. I hope you meant the first as the others require removing the fuel tanks! The same manual shows the first item as the thing that looks like an oven knob on top located on the right side (drivers side) between the strut and the brake master cylinder. Three connections ( 1 electrical and two hose) point backward and are most likely the problem. I recommend removal of one plug and two hoses, cleaning and replacing them.

5. Gus Gutz

Gus Gutz Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

Like cdintexas said. I did a search of my manual and could not find PCV valve.

6. I have uploaded the evpc page from the Ford 2004 manual

Attached Files:

ChuckH262 likes this.
  7. What you want is this part

Attached Files:

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!