2004 PCV valve replacement

04tbirdjerry

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have bought two different pcv valves for my 04 bird, both times a mech told me it was wrong one. I went to Pep Boys this time, they said they don't carry one. I was told it's against firewall, driver side, off back cylinder. I can't even get my hand back there. Anyone know where it is, and where to get right part? I checked YouTube, only 1video and wasn't much help. So, Help!

MODERATOR UPDATE- Purchase link- https://ebay.us/IHyiiH

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What is a "PCV" valve? My 04 manual shows one "Evaporative emission canister purge valve" and two "fuel vapor vent valves" and "one fuel filler pipe check valve" as parts of the Evaporative emission control system. I hope you meant the first as the others require removing the fuel tanks! The same manual shows the first item as the thing that looks like an oven knob on top located on the right side (drivers side) between the strut and the brake master cylinder. Three connections ( 1 electrical and two hose) point backward and are most likely the problem. I recommend removal of one plug and two hoses, cleaning and replacing them.

Like cdintexas said. I did a search of my manual and could not find PCV valve.

I have uploaded the evpc page from the Ford 2004 manual
This could be very helpful. I am beginning to believe folks have been referencing "pcv" as a generic ventilation valve that should be replaced or cleaned. Thank you, I will pull and clean this as my next step to improve low idle.

I just purchased a 2005 Conv. I would like to change the PCV but I cannot figure out where the valve is.
I think it’s on the front of drivers side valve cover and the hose connects at the throttle body area but how do you get those :;@“ clips off.
Or am I wrong. Need some help please.

The other issue I have seems to be a leaking rear seal…maybe. I’m hoping it’s just over pressurization of the crack case hence wanting to change PCV.

Car only has 30k on it.
4D848D2D-A589-4C72-9E28-1747BDC33992.jpeg65B9A1DB-64BA-4426-9585-384D94D663C8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back