2004 Headlight restoration with amazing result!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

They look superb but depending on your locale and driving you will get a year to 18 months before the headlights will craze and dull again. Once the polycarbonite starts to deteriorate its a recurrent process. I installed new headlight housings in my bird but I had several broken attachment points on the original housings that weren't fixable.

They look superb but depending on your locale and driving you will get a year to 18 months before the headlights will craze and dull again. Once the polycarbonite starts to deteriorate its a recurrent process. I installed new headlight housings in my bird but I had several broken attachment points on the original housings that weren't fixable.

My T-bird's lenses still look new and clean. BUT my 8 year old daily driver Nissan Frontier's headlights were pretty bad.. I used the Rust-Oleum restore kit and mine also cam out great.. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-Headlight-Restoration-Kit-1-Pack-12199-040/147633275 This is the one with the drill bit disk. I also used Meguiar's Headlight Coating after I finished to gave the headlights an added protective coating.. I did mine about 8-10 months ago and they are still hanging in there even after a few automatic car washes (which I believe is the one of the main culprits for the deterioration) and Upstate NY winter salt and snow.

20220222_094717.jpg

I was impressed on how well it worked.. There are YouTube videos on this Rust-Oleum process.

Last edited:
Thank you, even if I need to do it every few years it is definitely worth $26.
Best regards!

Back