2004 Ford Thunderbird Runs Hot

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
04TBird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Help!!! I have a 04 Thunderdird that keeps running hot and I cannot find anyone that can solve the problem. I took it to the Ford Dealership, they said I need a new engine. Could this be true? I have changed just about everything under the hood except for the engine. I really love my car... Any ideas.

Could this be true? I have changed just about everything under the hood except for the engine. I really love my car... Any ideas.
Does this Ford dealer sell new Lincolns as well? When you say it runs hot, what temperature? I used this OBDII reader to get the coolant temperature on my car http://amzn.to/2DmOh6y That one is for Android, the wifi one is for Apple. I use the Torque Pro app to get readings.

How many mechanics have looked at it? I would take it to a Lincoln dealer because they also work on the Lincoln LS

If they don't know what is wrong, they cannot make a diagnosis.

Need more info.......has the system ever been flushed? Has the water pump been checked? Is there any leakage from water pump weep hole? Is the thermostat the exact temperature rating as the original thermostat? Bottom line I had same problem and replac d with higher temp thermostat than original and had same prob. I went back to original temp thermostat and problem fixed. Another stupid thing could be the problem.....was or is the thermostat put in upside down? I cant recall but is there a bleed screw on your system? If so , system needs bled. Keep me apprised of your issue. I am willing to bet it is a simple fix. Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Back