2003 Thunderbird is it worth keeping for a collector someday or should I sell. | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 Thunderbird is it worth keeping for a collector someday or should I sell.

• Thread starter Thread starter Dewayne Goings
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I could be interested if the decision leans towards your wife's druthers. My wiife's druthers are to find one.
I have a 2004 convertible with hardtop only 24000 miles, always keep in an enclosed garage. My husband gave this car to me as a gift a few years ago, but I now have some back issues and find it difficult to get in and out of the car. Would sell for 20,000 firm.

Have an 02 here, 7,000 miles. Thinking about buying a lift for the garage and store it. You never know
someday might be a collector

IMHO, they won't ever be valuable collector cars. Those cars are ones that the buyers coveted when they were young and when they had accumulated money they pay up - like the muscle cars of the 1950s & 1960's are favorites of people that are about 70 years old... I don't see the younger generation drooling over our Tbirds and when they mature and have money they will probably be bidding up the prices on rice burners and Jeeps.

My opinion only but it seems you would be ahead of the game to sell now and invest that money.

No more money than the car is worth. Investing the money would return so little. Got the garage space. So its
not in the way. As you get older seems you just let things hang around. Have two other cars that just keeping
for the heck of it too. Hard to say about the younger. See some buying old Cadillac's. Say because they
are so unusual to what they are growing up with.

IMHO, they won't ever be valuable collector cars. Those cars are ones that the buyers coveted when they were young and when they had accumulated money they pay up - like the muscle cars of the 1950s & 1960's are favorites of people that are about 70 years old... I don't see the younger generation drooling over our Tbirds and when they mature and have money they will probably be bidding up the prices on rice burners and Jeeps.

My opinion only but it seems you would be ahead of the game to sell now and invest that money.

When the 2002 were new on the lot here - "62,000.00 Limited availability pricing" No way we could pay that (then or now) We found a one owner 2002 in the right color/option combo and paid a fair price last year. It has held its value much better than anything we've ever owned. With careful use, I have no doubt we could get our money out of the car if we want to sell. Maybe not an investment grade item, but a fun and useful way to bank the money

I can't see it as ever being a valuable car ( as in lots of money) but as far as holding some value , they seem to be doing pretty well. If you have a low mileage, well cared for car. ..they are holding up pretty well in price for a 10+ year car. I love mine.

IMHO very few cars will ever be true 'investments'. We buy these machines because we love the way they look, feel, sound, smell, etc. If your keeping it hoping you'll make money, you might be disappointed. Cars are built to be driven. My son is 17 and he just bought an '03 (with some help from the parents). He wanted a classic car (like dad), but also needed a reliable car to drive to school and work. We (parents) insisted any car he wanted to drive on a regular basis needed ABS, 2nd gen airbags, and could get repairs/parts locally if dad isn't around. He loves the retro look of the '02-'05 birds. It was a perfect fit. The car is Desert Sky Blue, black/white interior, hardtop, 28,000 miles on the clock, and is in impeccable shape. His job and school are less than 5 miles from home, so he's not likely to rack up too many miles a year. He plans to take the car to college next year, and he's registering for his first show with the Tbird in January. BTW, we live in South Florida. The hard top came off on the 2nd day and he cruises the beach everyday after school... his school buddies and the girls 'dig' his ragtop... Oh, to be 17 again!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back