2003 T Bird | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 T Bird

• Thread starter Thread starter MIDAS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just picked our new Bird up today and only put about 50 miles on it. So far it is just the best. Looks, Ride, Power, fit and all options work great. It is way to soon to tell if any of the "bugs" are present in this new 2003 as are listed in previous posts on thids forum. Having X-Pel installed in a week should cure some problems.
We love the classic bird's. Glad we waited and bought a 2003 and not a 2002. The plastic ash tray in the cup holders was a surprise. Don't smoke but it will make a nice coin holder. Prem Red, Red And full red accent.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Our's just came in also. It is the Premier model with red exterior and white top. I had hesitated to order the white top with red body, but after seeing it I am more than satisfied. It sets off the sleakness of the body even with the top on. Interior is full red. It handles well, but with less than 50 miles I cannot judge that yet. I am very impressed with the radio which sounds better to me than the Bose on my Mercedes M-Class.

My wife and I just returned from a weekend in Traverse City, Michigan where there is somewhere between 18-24 inches of snow on the ground. Anyway, on the way back we stopped at a small Ford dealer to see if they had any T-Birds. They did, a Red/Red with full Red interior accent. I love red cars but...well let's say that it was a lot of red. I have seen red with the white top and it does tone it down some. Has anyone seen one with a black hardtop. Also, the red on the steering wheel and shifter seemed to match the exterior however, the red leather seemed to mis-match and in this car appeared more orange. Has anyone noticed this? And so that someone take my comments incorrectly, I do love RED cars !!! Black too.

02 Red Ranger 4X4
01 Black Lincoln LS
99 Red (w/black top) Mustang Cobra Convert
95 Black T-Bird
03 Bird to be ordered in a few weeks, Red or Black ??

Birthday Bird sorry about not replying sooner. Our Bird is Red, Red & Full red. Love it. If you must stand out go for it!
We have had unusually wet weather here in Austin and have kept baby bird in garage, Took her out today for a short spin with G/daughters. They loved it. Had Xpel put on sail panel and got a EZlift for the top. Xpel has ordered bumper & rocker panel covering. Looks great. It is harder to put on than you would expect. Have you orderd your bird yet? G/daughter (10) wants it now. Saw A red & White 57 for sale here today Just average car @28,000. Glad mine is 03.
Dennis

Have not seen red with a black top, but as indicated above, I am more than satisfied with my red with white top. After reading the post regarding whether the red leather interior (mine is the full red) matches the red on the other interior parts, I checked mine outside in the sun. I think that the match is as good as one can get with leather, without making it shiny.

By the way I bought mine for my wife. She has been on the west coast for 5 weeks and the car came in while she was gone- I am trying to figure out how to explain the miliage to her!
Lyle

Midas...still haven't ordered yet, We are waiting for the Dealership to get the go ahead from Ford to place their second order. Not in a hurry because it is still very much like winter here in Michigan. If we do go with red it will have the straight black interior. Originally we had thought it would be Mountian Shadow Grey w/black interior but I have seen two at Dealerships and they don't much "zip" to them. However, it is a nice color and some friends of ours have it on their 02 Harley truck. Our other choice will be black with the partial accent. Since the T-Bird will be a 50/50 birthday present my wife and I will have to agree soon. However, since we have had both black and red T-Birds before I can be content with either. Will let you know when the order is placed. Should be fairly soon.

Lyle....tell your wife that Ford put some test miles on it. Seriously, I have had two vehicles that came in with test miles. One had 56 and another 72. If you have more miles than that then I would suggest the truth. Actually, I would suggest the truth anyhow because it's more believable. How could you resist.
Interestingly, our 99 Mustang Cobra had the 72 miles on it. When I got it home and cleaned it up a little I found that the underside of the rear bumper had some extra rubber on it. Must be they were testing the traction control!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back