2003 T-Bird Rear (Tail Light) Cover Removal

W
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Ok, I have Chilton's manual and I have located and removed the speed nuts on the upper and lower screws. The headlamp is still hung up somewhere and will not slide off. Any suggestions?

after all the screws & nuts are removed, the assy is still held by a rubber push in -- pull
out plug. takes a bit of a tug to pull it out. I was a little frustrated for a few minutes
when I was trying to change a bulb.

I purchased a 2003 in Mountain Shadow Gray, 22,000 miles in November. I’m very happy with the car so far, but it has the rear tail light bezels, and my preference would be to remove them. I think the original design featuring the exposed red lights is one of the unique elements that sets the car apart from others on the road.

I know they’re a popular add on, but does anyone have experience in successfully removing them? They seem to be high quality with the 3M tape.
Thanks

I have the kent brown retro fin kit which suggest painting the outer rim of both head and tail lights same as car, looks awesome, constant compliments and get rid of the yellowing headlines.
another look all to itself, but needs the fins.

I purchased a 2003 in Mountain Shadow Gray, 22,000 miles in November. I’m very happy with the car so far, but it has the rear tail light bezels, and my preference would be to remove them. I think the original design featuring the exposed red lights is one of the unique elements that sets the car apart from others on the road.

I know they’re a popular add on, but does anyone have experience in successfully removing them? They seem to be high quality with the 3M tape.
Thanks
you need to get the 3m tape warm,not going to be easy heat gut could be too hot and a hair dryer would probably work but it will be slow don't pry too hard and break them.
that being said If it was me I would just buy new tail lights or find someone to sell to or a trade with as there are many folks who want them.A trade would produce two winners with minimal work and nothing gets broken

That’s a good option, thanks for your reply.

Back