2003 t-bird correct idler pulley

Bettylou

Bettylou

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am replacing the water pump, hoses, thermostat housing and other related 17 year old parts due to an overheating issue. I decided to replace the serpentine belt, tensioner pulley and idler pulley while I had all the other parts out of the way. Two idler pulleys from Autozone did not have the flange and did not spin when tightened down "lightly". I bought part #YS241 at the local Ford dealer and it is bigger in diameter and the bolt is smaller. Also, there is no flange on it.

I'm going to try part # YS337 from rock auto if I cannot get it from Ford when I return YS241. Is there anyone else that have dealt with this problem. Thanks, Mike

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I should be able to buy the correct pulley from Ford. Even if they don't stock it or have it available, they should be able to give me the correct part number if I have the VIN. Maybe forth time is the charm.

Back