2003 T-Bird Accessory Inventory | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 T-Bird Accessory Inventory

• Thread starter Thread starter Paul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2003 mountain shadow grey/saddle T-bird. It's beautiful. I love it. But it was a "dealer trade" meaning they had to deliver it from another dealer.

It had some items missing from the trunk and I was given a due bill for them. However I keep discovering new things I'm supposed to have that my dealership is either ignorant of or too lazy to research for me. Can someone please tell me what the car is supposed to come with?

So far, I have these things:
Hard top stand (which they hijacked from another T-bird)
Hard top cover (soft)
Hard top key
Tonneau cover
Jack
Lug wrench (without soft bag)

I have found these items while reading my hijacked owner's manual which I do not have:

"Tool Bag"
"Tape Kit" (for hard top)
"Lint-free cloth" for cleaning mounting area
Customer service said I might be missing a key for the lug nuts.

Is this all? Where can I get a full inventory and have the dealer just get me the whole shebang? What's in the "Tool Bag?"

Your help is much appreciated.

PF

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Paul:
I may have a complete list at home.

okay, so how about letting the rest of us in on it?

The list as I know it today is:
Floor mats - convertable boot with instructions - Lug wrench and Jack - Locking lug nuts and key, in bag in trunk - Front license plate bracket, optional in many States - Warranty guide - Owners manual - Maintenance guide - Covered ash tray that fits into cup holder on console - Bottle of Ford custom clear coat polish and wax.

If you have the Hard Top add:
Cover for Hardtop - Removable hardtop tape for deck protection, box of 3 sets in trunk - Hard Top Torx tool - Hardtop guide - Hardtop collapsable rack for hard top storage - Instructions for hardtop rack assembly.
NOTE: Many owners got the majority of these items. The biggest gripe from some 2003 owners was that they did not get the locking lug nuts. These were probably discontinued in the later models of 2003.
Also remember that many cars may have been dealer swaps and therefore have missing items

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I think I got it figured out. The only thing I'm missing now is the wax.

I had to persist with the dealer who had to order everything from Ford.

The list as I know it today is:
Floor mats - convertable boot with instructions - Lug wrench and Jack - Locking lug nuts and key, in bag in trunk - Front license plate bracket, optional in many States - Warranty guide - Owners manual - Maintenance guide - Covered ash tray that fits into cup holder on console - Bottle of Ford custom clear coat polish and wax.

If you have the Hard Top add:
Cover for Hardtop - Removable hardtop tape for deck protection, box of 3 sets in trunk - Hard Top Torx tool - Hardtop guide - Hardtop collapsable rack for hard top storage - Instructions for hardtop rack assembly.
NOTE: Many owners got the majority of these items. The biggest gripe from some 2003 owners was that they did not get the locking lug nuts. These were probably discontinued in the later models of 2003.
Also remember that many cars may have been dealer swaps and therefore have missing items
Hello, do you think it is possible to find on the market the original one storage rack for the hardtop?

Jean-Luc from France

Hi Jean-Luc,

Welcome! If you want an original rack, you can certainly find them on eBay and Craigslist, but the prices vary and they don't stay advertised long. Many others are looking as well. Plus--if you're in France--the availability will be limited.

You can search Amazon and find acceptable aftermarket racks. Here's one that others on this forum have purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0CYM8C/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

There are other options as well. This may be the most economical and quickest solution for you.

Here's a link to another thread in the forum about hard tops and racks: https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/what-to-do-with-top.1883/

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Hi Jean-Luc,

Welcome! If you want an original rack, you can certainly find them on eBay and Craigslist, but the prices vary and they don't stay advertised long. Many others are looking as well. Plus--if you're in France--the availability will be limited.

You can search Amazon and find acceptable aftermarket racks. Here's one that others on this forum have purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0CYM8C/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

There are other options as well. This may be the most economical and quickest solution for you.

Here's a link to another thread in the forum about hard tops and racks: https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/what-to-do-with-top.1883/

Good luck in whatever you decide!
thank you very much Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back