2003 service recommendations for 26k miles

S

stevejoliet2003

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Due for oil change, Purchased recently. Replaced all tires and spare. what belts, filters
and fluids should I consider.
Ford's manual does not take into consideration age.
Car fax shows regular dealer visits in past, but short on what the dealer did.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

dont go to the dealer unless they are 1 in a thousand or you’ve had good experiences there prior wait till you get some more feedback here what mileage on the car?any issues?do you have any service records?cancel that appointment now

OK, OK cancelled dealer apt.
Local shop I've used, got me in right away.
The running rough issue is cylinder # 6, not the low octane fuel.
I assume I need coils & plug. replacement?

OK, OK cancelled dealer apt.
Local shop I've used, got me in right away.
The running rough issue is cylinder # 6, not the low octane fuel.
I assume I need coils & plug. replacement?
Probably- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...-05-ford-thunderbird-ignition-coils-cop.5040/

Suspension needs inspected very well.

Most of the technicians currently at the Ford dealer were not trained on this car unless they are older and have been there 30 years. Many of them are now retired. Many Ford dealers won't even service older cars and trucks.

I’d stay away from the Dealership ! But what I would have checked is the hoses ,especially the one that runs under the intake manifold ,caused me a lot of grief !

I purchased my 2004 vehicle in 2019 with 15K miles. It sat in the owners garage for 12 years. I replaced the original tires, and the fluids. The antifreeze was flushed because I was told by a Prestone rep that the anti-corrosion agents were no longer effective. The brake fluid was ugly looking and the brake system was bled which improved the pedal operation. The silicone covers on the suspension parts, front and rear, had failed and I replaced some of the rear components. The front upper ball joint covers are bad and on the list to be repaired. Hoses and belts are in very good condition and all accessories function properly.

When I purchased my 2003 (34K miles), I took it to the garage I've used since living here. I asked them to replace all the plugs & coils, and check and replace any hoses, belts, etc, that were worn and do a fluid flush, check the suspension/brakes, run a diagnostic test, and go over the car with a fine toothed comb. It took a few days and dollars, but more than worth it; the car runs & performs like new. If nothing else, replace the plugs & coils.

Due for oil change, Purchased recently. Replaced all tires and spare. what belts, filters
and fluids should I consider.
Ford's manual does not take into consideration age.
Car fax shows regular dealer visits in past, but short on what the dealer did.
All fluids, coolant ,all coolant hoses and lines transmission, rear differential ,brake fluid , all flexible brake lines, most likely all rubber suspension parts and boots. Trans filter, I would also do all the disc brake seals. And power steering hoses. The car is 20 years old any rubber is long past its life expectancy. It’s better to do now instead of a major repair or worse if a failure happens on a trip.

Back