2003 p1703 brake switch out of range

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi there! I have 2003 THunderbird. Just replaced the PCM and had keys relearned where they flashed the PCM. It drives amazing! shifts amazing! and runs stead at 1.5 rpm at low speeds and 2.5 rmp at high speeds and does not fluctuate while driving, but now after the PCM replaced its popping up and E error code on the dash. I had it checked out on dealership scanners and its not throwing any transmission codes at all. only code is p1703 brake switch out of range. Could the problem be the new PCM?? Dealership and transmission shops are saying they dont recommend flushing transmisson fluid that was donein 2006 at around 25k miles it does now have 71k on it?? any suggestions?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm confused. If after replacing the PCM the car drives amazing, shifts amazing and runs steady at 1.5 rpm at low speeds and 2.5 rpm at high speeds, why do you want to flush the transmission fluid? Was the E error code displayed on the dash prior to replacing PCM? Why did you replace the PCM? Fault code P1703 indicates that during the self test the PCM detected that the brake switch is out of range. If the brake lights function properly, I would suspect that the PCM was damaged when they flashed the PCM.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

P1703.jpg

P-1703.jpg

The error code was not there when I replaced the PCM the original PCM was a complete failure no start multiple codes, sent it off for repair and they could not fix it, Ordered one from Flagship one and had the dealer relearn keys flash pcm. The new error code E and P1703 only started after the new PCM was installed, I did not flush transmission. but def suspect its the new PCM. Just filled out forms for the to replace PCM but I doubt they will cover the new key relearn :( Thank you so much for the information!!

The error code was not there when I replaced the PCM the original PCM was a complete failure no start multiple codes, sent it off for repair and they could not fix it, Ordered one from Flagship one and had the dealer relearn keys flash pcm. The new error code E and P1703 only started after the new PCM was installed, I did not flush transmission. but def suspect its the new PCM. Just filled out forms for the to replace PCM but I doubt they will cover the new key relearn :( Thank you so much for the information!!
What was the final outcome?

Back