2003 Noninvasive Bluetooth and streaming

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Radio and CD on my 03 work great. didn't want surgery to update. For $25- https://amzn.to/35grGIo 10% off coupon as of 4/30/2020
Sumind Wireless Radio Adapter Hands-Free Car Kit

Hands free Calls (very clear), mp3, streaming music, fast charger, sd card input, aux input, monitors alt and bat voltage, etc.

Sounds pretty good.

Even dings when a text arrives.

Best of all, the car remains Unmodified
20200428_205057.jpg5088158b-2f8a-4ac4-aeba-1eae3dc41517.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Radio and CD on my 03 work great. didn't want surgery to update. So. $25, AMAZON.

Hands free Calls (very clear), mp3, streaming music, fast charger, sd card input, aux input, monitors alt and bat voltage, etc.

Sounds pretty good.

Even dings when a text arrives.

Best of all, the car remains Unmodified
I have three of these and they work like a charm! Similar style and brand. Bluetooth for calls, listening to XM or audio books based on my phone or iPad. They are about $20 on Amazon. Now that Sirius XM is including phone/computer add on service as part of your built in radio subscription I may not replace the original radio in my tbirds. I already have 3 subscriptions in my other cars.

Purchase Link- https://amzn.to/35grGIo (has Amazon Coupon as of today)

Sumind Wireless Radio Adapter Hands-Free Car Kit with 1.7 Inch Display, QC3.0 and Smart 2.4A Dual USB Ports, AUX Input/Output, TF Card Mp3 Player

712gwMwQVmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
So; can I use this to listen to SiriusXM via my Onyx XM unit? TIA!

Looks interesting. For those that have it, how does it connect to your current radio? Mine is not BT enabled nor do I have a USB plug on it. Am I out of luck?
I was hoping to connect my iPhone to the radio to listen to my downloaded songs while driving.

Looks interesting. For those that have it, how does it connect to your current radio? Mine is not BT enabled nor do I have a USB plug on it. Am I out of luck?
I was hoping to connect my iPhone to the radio to listen to my downloaded songs while driving.
You are in luck! The device just plugs into the cigarette lighter for power. Your phone will connect by bluetooth or mini jack plug (from your earphone jack) to the device. Then the device transmits an FM signal to your radio. You select the frequency on the device such as 89.1 and then set your radio to 89.1. Any audio signal your phone can get or has in storage such as iHeart, Sirius/XM, Spotify, audio books, etc can be sent by bluetooth to the device and then sent to your radio for your listening pleasure. I hope I described this properly.

71wPB3IkDIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one very similar. These things work great. I use the power point instead of the lighter, it's more out of the way. Also, I made sure the one I purchased has an on/off switch so as not to drain the battery. Beats unplugging it overnight.

Two days with mine. I love it. Dont know why I never got one for the older cars before this. A bit of noise sometimes but not objectionable and great tunes and easy for this ol man to figure out!

Non-Techie needs help!! I purchased this device in an effort to be able to listen to my XM Onyx radio. I currently swap it between my 2010 F150 and my 2010 Honda Gold Wing. Works great on both of them!!! As a non-teckie person, can someone walk me thru what I need to purchase additionally AND/OR how to set up this unit to use on my XM Onyx unit. Thanks!!

If your vehicle has an FM radio (which is almost every one) you could probably ditch your XM adapter. Pair your phone Bluetooth to the BT unit and then set your car radio and BT to the same frequency. Put the SiriusXM app on your phone to your subscription.

Today I got to use it a little further. Worked well and received two hands free calls clearly. The other party was also able to hear me well. There’s no on/off switch so remember to unplug when parking. When I left home I was on a clear frequency but ended up with another station at my destination. This thing didn’t miss a beat. Well worth the $25.

ricklove.....if you go with my XM app idea be sure that you have unlimited data for your phone.

Assuming every thing is connected correctly, FM station selected on device & radio, Bluetooth connected to phone. What happens if a call comes in and you happen to be listening to the radio. How does the device handle the call. Does it somehow connect the call to the selected station and "override" whatever you were doing? Thanks in advance for any info. Sure sounds like something I would like to add to my Bird.

Back