2003 horn blowing fuses | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 horn blowing fuses

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeffb1062
  • Start date Start date
J
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I replaced the horns, they kept on blowing the fuse, after replace horn worked when i press the center of the steer wheel (normal) then I go and put the key in the ignition and horn went crazy had to pull the fuse to stop them from blowing. disconnected the horns and i can hear the relay clicking just by putting the fuse in? Any help

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

"2003 horn" doesn't summarize your post. I will update it. Good titles get more responses.

model-year.jpg

I replaced the horns, they kept on blowing the fuse, after replace horn worked when i press the center of the steer wheel (normal) then I go and put the key in the ignition and horn went crazy had to pull the fuse to stop them from blowing. disconnected the horns and i can hear the relay clicking just by putting the fuse in? Any help
Check your wiring. Horns are usually sounded by completing the ground. Sounds like you have a continuous ground but I don't have a schematic.

I purchased the repair manual from ebay for $18. It as a huge section on the horn and how to trouble shoot problems. At the beginning it notes that it will sound when the remote keyless entry is armed.

I think you have to unlock the door with the key to disarm. Not sure. Good luck.

Has to be something with the alarm, I disconnected the battery removed the air bag check the horn assembly not sticking. I reconn the battery put the fuse back in horn stopped, put the key into ignition and horn goes off, i tried unlocking and locking with the key and still the horn goes off

Is it a steady blast or an on/off pattern? Any areas serviced recently, or horn issues just appeared? The horns were blowing the fuse, replacements operate, but has a new issue. That's kinda strange. Solve for - when key is inserted, the horns have a party. First, I'd change keys to make sure it's reading the code. I've tripped the alarm opening the unlocked door after a batt. swap. Closing the door and rotating the door keylock made it happy. Never tried the Fob and don't carry one on the ring. Heard a lot of horn action and marker flashing getting it to shut-up inside my garage.

This >> 'I think you have to unlock the door with the key to disarm' Seems to be a trick that works at least when Fobless. Give her a couple rotates before inserting the key. Remember mine was unlocked when 'breached' so the alarm logic goes nuts after a batt. pull.

I don't understand 'removed the air bag'. The fuse?

Is it a steady blast or an on/off pattern? Any areas serviced recently, or horn issues just appeared? The horns were blowing the fuse, replacements operate, but has a new issue. That's kinda strange. Solve for - when key is inserted, the horns have a party. First, I'd change keys to make sure it's reading the code. I've tripped the alarm opening the unlocked door after a batt. swap. Closing the door and rotating the door keylock made it happy. Never tried the Fob and don't carry one on the ring. Heard a lot of horn action and marker flashing getting it to shut-up inside my garage.

This >> 'I think you have to unlock the door with the key to disarm' Seems to be a trick that works at least when Fobless. Give her a couple rotates before inserting the key. Remember mine was unlocked when 'breached' so the alarm logic goes nuts after a batt. pull.

I don't understand 'removed the air bag'. The fuse?
It was a steady blast. the horns never worked out when i purchased in june 21( i never checked it)..when i did replace the fuse sounded like only the high pitched horn was working so i replaced them both. Even when I disconnected the horns the relay was going crazy so it wasn’t the horns themselves. I took the airbag off the wheel to check the horn system seem fine. Then i realized everytime i tried to alarm the hood was open i think that what was causing the horns to go crazy, y wouldn’t go crazy in the middle of the night now!

Back