1966 ignition switch blowing fuse

JimBel
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello this is my first time post and as the title says I'm losing whatever hair I have left, so any help will be great-fully appreciated. The bottom line is that we keep blowing the ignition fuse. From inspection I now know is that a previous owner somehow bypassed a broken neutral safety switch { have no idea where, as the connector isn't even there}. I had to rewire the ignition switch because the rubber end and terminals were in poor condition and also rewire the new neutral switch in.
When I turn the key to the start position, does the red wire with blue tracer go to that fuse that keeps blowing and then from there go to starter relay to energise the starter? Is that they way the circuit goes? If so than if I did a resistance test with the fuse out I think I should get about .5 ohms between the wire and the fuse terminal, is that right?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back