2002 what shocks to replace original ones with.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I’m installing KYB all arround as we speak, found 1 broken front coil spring, so ordered a set of H&R , 1’’ lowering springs since the original ones are discontinued. BTW , make sure you replace all 4 top plate kits , when replacing your springs.

Thanks, if my springs are good do I need top plate kits. I see KYB has a rebate for next month. Thanks again. Jon

Hey Jon, yes, if top plates are original, i would recommend replacing them, they are what holds the spring and shock together, with 4 bolts on top that bolts onto the car. I bought mine from Rockauto with the Shocks..

KYB makes several shock models -- Excel-G, Gas-a-Just, etc. Which ones would work best? I want original ride for my 2004 -- not teeth jarring stiff, but not old Buick-type "floater."

Just wondering about what most shops would charge for Excel G shocks, PARTS and Labor. I know it depends a lot on local conditions but just want an approximation. My bird rides a bit soft and makes a little to much noise (squeaks) when going over speed bumps.

Back