2002 Web site with production numbers | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 Web site with production numbers

• Thread starter Thread starter raretbird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R
Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have never seen any infornation on this "Limited Edition" Blue & Black Bird. Who were they made for? When and if only 16 what was the orig MSRP compared to a standard Bird?
Just wondering

It's not a limited edition, as such, but since you can order different hard top colors separately from the body color this is possible(at no additional charge). The rarity has only to do with few people ordering that particular color combo.

When asked for password just close that dialog box without entering anything. The page will then load.

Cameron

or in my case, My thunderbird blue with black top was a delivery mistake. I've been waiting so long and I liked the look of it....I accepted delivery.

My full blue accent with white top Premium is prety rare according to the production numbers.

There were 291 built like that. That is less than 1% of total production (30777) if I added right.

HKS

Originally posted by tbird:
This will solve the problem as long as you have Adobe Acrobate Reader. I don't like all those macro warnings on the other document.
http://www.thunderbirdforum.com/pdf/tbirdproduction.pdf

I have a friend in the Thunderbird club, I belong to, that has the same color combo. with the partial blue interior. His was a mistake too. He had ordered an all Black, but then changed his his order to Blue, however him and the dealer forgot to change the color of the hard top. He liked the combo so he keep it but has been looking for a blue top so he could have both.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

The rarest Tbird of all is a Inspiration Yellow Deluxe, partial accent with white top. Only one was made. Do we have this owner as a member of this forum?

HKS

Originally posted by 57 bluebird:
I have a friend in the Thunderbird club, I belong to, that has the same color combo. with the partial blue interior. His was a mistake too. He had ordered an all Black, but then changed his his order to Blue, however him and the dealer forgot to change the color of the hard top. He liked the combo so he keep it but has been looking for a blue top so he could have both.

HKS;
Yes that Yellow owner is Debby AKA (Retrobird)
As a matter of fact on a posting just the other day you'll find a picture of it. Click on "whitewall tires on yello bird". I believe the last post was 1-23-03
A very sharp car. If you read all of the posts, you can see how she sent the tires out to have this done. Happy reading!!

My blue was also misordered and came with a black top. I did not like it at all, and then had to wait a full month to get a blue top. After checking out the pics on the site referenced in this thread, I'm glad I did not accept a black top. I don't like it very much (sorry). However, I kinda wished I had gotten a white one -- blue with a white top is pretty sweet looking!

Blue with a white top? That is what I have. I had an awful time geting the dealer to order it that way. They misordered it with a green top (on purpose I think). They claimed the computer rejected that color combination.

It caused a lot of delay but I finally got the Blue/White/Full accent in September.

HKS

Originally posted by thaser:
My blue was also misordered and came with a black top. I did not like it at all, and then had to wait a full month to get a blue top. After checking out the pics on the site referenced in this thread, I'm glad I did not accept a black top. I don't like it very much (sorry). However, I kinda wished I had gotten a white one -- blue with a white top is pretty sweet looking!

I have the Blue hardtop also. I have regretted not getting the white top. I figure in a few years there may be a white top available from a junk yard or a private source. That way I can end up with two tops. The price for a second top from Ford is just too expensive.

WOW...I pulled down the production numbers and was shocked to see that the 2002 I had ordered last year was 1 of 22. The vehicle was a black premium w/o a hardtop, partia1 interior accent package. Unfortunatly, I had to refused the car because of the $5000 over sticker sale price. ( I am ordering an 03 )
On a seperate issue I read the comments about Retrobirds yellow T-bird which sported whitewalls. Per the production report it states that only one "Deluxe" model was built with a white top and full interior accent package. The car in the photo's is a premium model based on the wheels. If a premium the report would indicate that 80 were built with full accent and 21 partial accent. Still would be a low production T-Bird though.
One more thing--all the ordering data that I had for 2002 showed that the Deluxe model could not be ordered with a full or partial interior package. Does anyone know if the ones listed were Canadian cars?

I would believe that 10% of the total cars went to Canada.
All were 'deluxe', full and partial accent were available.
Looking at the totals for 'deluxe' cars built, I would sumise that the 'export' cars may not have been included.

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full accent
NM wheels Canada
notadailydriver

On second thought, I heard in a previous post early in 2002, that over 95% of the cars sold in the US were 'premium'.
Looking at the figures the deluxe numbers are almost exactly 10% of the totals.
I took two tours of Wixom, nearly every car that was a 'deluxe', was destined for Canada.
Is it possible even less than 5% in the US were 'deluxe'?
The big joke was, when we saw a 'deluxe' the people on the line would say, there's another Canadian car!
The good news for us was that we could change out the wheels for the difference in price between a premium and a deluxe.

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full accent
NM wheels Canada
notadailydriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back