2002- Valve Cover Gasket Torque Spec?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please include the model year in the subject when posting. I edited it for you. Thanks!

Hiya!
Just got an 02 tbird last month and love it. I'm about to do a coil/plug/valve cover gasket job next week. Does anyone know the torque spec for the valve cover? I'd rather not do the "feels tight" method.

Did you notice the changing banner strip at the top of the 2002-2005 Forum start? If you watch it cycle through, one is for a DVD Manual for the 2002 for $12.99. Good investment if one is going to be doing any Do-It-Yourself repairs.

Did you notice the changing banner strip at the top of the 2002-2005 Forum start? If you watch it cycle through, one is for a DVD Manual for the 2002 for $12.99. Good investment if one is going to be doing any Do-It-Yourself repairs.
Great! Thank you so much I'll definitely be getting one of those Real quick while we're here...is there a certain order that you tighten down the valve cover? I've read there can be but I'm not completely sure.
Thanks!
Eric

Hiya!
Just got an 02 tbird last month and love it. I'm about to do a coil/plug/valve cover gasket job next week. Does anyone know the torque spec for the valve cover? I'd rather not do the "feels tight" method.
I ordered that CD in the banner and never did get it to work. Here is what i have in my manual. It shows the specs you need. Let me know if you want the right side.

Attachments

• lh valve cover.pdf
    1,017 KB · Views: 8

I ordered that CD in the banner and never did get it to work. Here is what i have in my manual. It shows the specs you need. Let me know if you want the right side.

Thank you so much. This is a big help. I'm using a fel-pro gasket and they say not to use silicone sealant. Anyone know if that is correct for this application? Gasket #vs50724r

I bought that dvd it does not work, even bought a DVD player. I’m no guru when it comes to this stuff but somebody will have to explain to me how you get it to work because I can’t.

I bought that dvd it does not work, even bought a DVD player. I’m no guru when it comes to this stuff but somebody will have to explain to me how you get it to work because I can’t.
I purchased it and it did not work either. When I contacted them, they got real defensive and blamed me and my computer. buyer beware.

Hey Gus. Do you have the right side handy? I'd like to have it for reference.
Thanks!

I purchased it and it did not work either. When I contacted them, they got real defensive and blamed me and my computer. buyer beware.

Thanks for letting everybody know when there is a Banner Ad every time we log in (pun and sarcasm intended)!

I bought one for each of my three Fords so if they don't work they will be going back and I will be disputing the payment!

Bigger question is, did anybody purchase it and it worked for you?

Back