2002 A/C low pressure switch location | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 A/C low pressure switch location

• Thread starter Thread starter bcribb52
  • Start date Start date
bcribb52
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I have a 2002 Thunderbird and the ac compressor clutch don’t come on. Pressure seems to be fine on Freon. I can jump the pins with the relay out and the clutch will engage. I’m thinking a bad low pressure switch but not sure where it is and can I replace the switch without losing my Freon. Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It's a very complex system and it could be anything my suggestion, take it to a qualified repair shop if you have one in your area that specializes in a/c repair even better and let them give you a diagnostic, beginning by accessing any trouble code codes related to the a/c system.

This code showed up on my scan tool.
Evaporator Sensor Discharge Circuit, Short to ground.
Gonna research the code and find out where the sensor is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back