2002 Stalled at red light | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 Stalled at red light

• Thread starter Thread starter LMTbird
  • Start date Start date

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

2002 TBird - stalled while idling at a red light? No codes showed up on dash... ? any ideas?
It stalled, then what? Did you call a tow truck? Did it start again?

It stalled, then what? Did you call a tow truck? Did it start again?
It started again right away & I made it to work. I've had the car just a short time & this is the first time it did this.

did it go into limp mode and was able to drive very slowly or completely dead?
It died. It started right up again and I made it to work.
Fingers crossed it doesn't happen on the way home.
No lights came on the dash.

Do you have a code reader?
My first thought is low fuel pressure.
Yes, I have a code reader. Will have to see if I get anything on it when I get home.
Thanks for the thought.
I guess first I'll see if it pulls a code.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2002 T-bird did that and would idle but not pull itself. I had it towed home and after installing some top end parts, like air mass sensor and other easy fixes, could not solve the problem without a pro. It was drivers side fuel pump and $500 later I was back on the road wondering when the next shoe would drop. It didn't for the 4 more years I owned it.

Thank you. It's only done it once. I'm hoping just a tiny thing. I think the car has been sitting for a long time. Fingers crossed ?

Back