2002 Remote Keyless Entry Module location | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 Remote Keyless Entry Module location

• Thread starter Thread starter COOOGS
  • Start date Start date
COOOGS
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Where is the Remote Keyless Entry module located on 2002 Thunderbird 1F2T-15K602-AD. My old one does not work when car sits in Sun but works in garage.

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Were an all Thunderbird site, so there's no need to include the model in your subject. Edited out.

Also, never heard of an RKE.

Where is the rke module located on 2002 Thunderbird. My old one does not work when car sits in Sun but works in garage.
Were an all Thunderbird site, so there's no need to include the model in your subject. Edited out.

Also, never heard of an RKE.
RKE = Remote Keyless Entry (module). Check here: https://workshop-manuals.com/ford/t...radio_rapid_cyclic_clicking_noise_on_am_band/. Looks like it is in the area where the soft is stored. It may look something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3528906503...d=link&campid=5338236430&toolid=20001&mkevt=1.

Greg

Where is the Remote Keyless Entry module located on 2002 Thunderbird 1F2T-15K602-AD. My old one does not work when car sits in Sun but works in garage.
I wouldn't suggest using abbreviations like that on posts. It doesn't pick up on searches here or on Google. I've revised your post. You'll note the ebay listing refers to it as "Remote Keyless Entry Module", not RKE. Also, have you looked in the service manual?

Last edited:
Back