2002 OBDII Error code PO456 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 OBDII Error code PO456

• Thread starter Thread starter walsh28
  • Start date Start date
W

walsh28

BW
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Check engine light came on for the first time and using the FIXD OBD tester It said PO456 evap system leak detected. I tried to find the evaporative emission control system on the dvd ford disc but could not find it ,the car is a 2002 bird 53,317 miles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Check engine light came on for the first time and using the FIXD OBD tester It said PO456 evap system leak detected. I tried to find the evaporative emission control system on the dvd ford disc but could not find it ,the car is a 2002 bird 53,317 miles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I had similar code on my 2003 that has 60k; Before attemptIng a repair, I first simply erased the code with my scanner and the check engine light went off; that was several months ago and the check engine light hasn’t returned; car did run great before check engine light appeared and still runs great after the erasure; I also gave the gas cap an extra turn to make sure that wasn’t the problem and throwing a code. Good luck! Ron H

Thanks I will take that into consideration as the car runs fine before and after I have erased the code. I will do a wait and see if it reappears or if the car begins to run differently. Thanks for your input. Bill W

2003 8000 miles Check engine lite on. Bought a orb tester, code po442, I reset the the code,
Lite still off. As time goes by we’ll see if it comes back. 300 miles still okey.

Back