2002-2005 LAMP OUT - Replaced Head lights, side lights and tail lights with LED's

Greetings all - On my 2005, I had first changed out the head lights with LED's (GTR Lighting Ultra Series 9007 /HB5- 3rd Gen) and turn single bulbs ( GTR Lighting Ultra Series 3156/3157) made a huge difference, no warning lights appeared. Then I changed out the tail, side and driving lights, now I'm getting the "LAMP OUT" display.
Do I run the risk of hurting anything buy just leaving it alone. Any suggestions. The LED make such a big difference.

I think you'll need "Canbus" free leds to make that message go away. I have done LED headlights, foglights and interior LEDs but not any other outside lamps. I used the proper canbus style lamps. All is good and are they ever bright! I don't know if you will do any damage.

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Please put the model year(s) in the subject on future posts. Added for you.
model-year-TBF.jpg

Greetings all - On my 2005, I had first changed out the head lights with LED's (GTR Lighting Ultra Series 9007 /HB5- 3rd Gen) and turn single bulbs ( GTR Lighting Ultra Series 3156/3157) made a huge difference, no warning lights appeared. Then I changed out the tail, side and driving lights, now I'm getting the "LAMP OUT" display.
Do I run the risk of hurting anything buy just leaving it alone. Any suggestions. The LED make such a big difference.
When I replaced my tail lights with LEDs, I had to install load resistors in parallel. The LEDs draw such little current compared to the incandescents, that the electronic module detects them as being out.

Amazon part.

TXBluebird

The tail lights are particularly problematic. I've tried several LEDs that worked as turn signal/brake lights as long as the tail lights were not on but stopped working and through codes as soon as the tail lights were turned on.