72.8 KB · Views: 3
  • hood-support-lifts.jpg
    hood-support-lifts.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2
  • 1600719647919.png
    1600719647919.png
    222 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
A cold rainy day, so a good time to replace the rear struts on my Red T Bird. Replaced the front struts about 17
months ago, made a huge difference. Harder than the front only because you have to remove several items
to get to the top strut mounting plate. Included some photos of the trunk package area since many have never
seen what is behind all that panels. As you can see one of the struts is leaking oil, with only 13k miles. Age gets
to the seals.

tblrwheel.jpgtbrrwheel.jpgtbrr strutmount.jpgtb both struts.jpgtb leaking strut.jpgtb r package area.jpgtb l package area.jpgtb right trunk.jpg

I'm looking to replace the front and rear struts on my 2004, I'm assuming they are OEM. Not looking for a performance upgrade, just a nice ride. Any suggestions? Plan on replacing entire unit springs and all.

thanks

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: AJW
I just put the KYB struts on my 2005 with 47k ....They really improved the ride and handling. I bought mine and got the Monroe mounting plates, had them installed on the original springs. Had my local repair shop install them, 5 hrs. labor. Totally worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Monroe quick struts. New springs and struts, built into one unit, no need for someone to compress the springs on the unit. Easy enough to do it at home.

Back