2002-05 T-Bird: Where to put CELL PHONE?

Other than a window mount, has anyone successfully found a way to mount their phone inside their car? Best I've come up with is laying it sideways between the two cup dispensers, LOL. Don't want anything TOO tacky, but curious if there is "another alternative".
Mine ate couple cd's replaced it with 7" screen blue tooth back up camera touch screen works great and looks good too.

I went with a Kuda mount. They come standard in black, but you can get it in other colors (special order) to match your interior. They are VERY nice leather-covered mounts that snap-in the the lower right of the center stack. I've used rare-earth (strong) magnets attached to the back which will hold a standard cell phone securely to the mount so I don't have to have an ugly cell phone cradle attached to the Kuda mount. With no cell phone mounted it looks very nice as well. I've added this to my other cars.

You can buy it off ebay here.

How does that mount, the Amazon pictures show a metal plate and a screw and I'm not putting a hole in my console ?

Other than a window mount, has anyone successfully found a way to mount their phone inside their car? Best I've come up with is laying it sideways between the two cup dispensers, LOL. Don't want anything TOO tacky, but curious if there is "another alternative".
I bought one that fits in a cup holder from Walmart, the base expands to fit just about any size and the phone holder also adjusts to any phone. It places the phone just behind the stick shift for easy viewing. It works, but is a bit inconvenient losing the cupholder. I've toyed with the idea of upgrading to a new radio/cd player with bluetooth, backup camera, LED screen and maps built in that would pick up calls. Has anyone done this?

I purchased this Mpow Car Phone holder with long arm.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X2WGT72/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20
It attaches to the flat area just in front of the fuel gauge. It has a very strong sticky gummy and suction cup. It is out of the way of the key, A/C vent and radio controls. I also have one of the FM converters that I use to create a blue tooth connection to my radio. See the attached images. It's what I decided worked for me. IMG_3328.JPGIMG_3331.JPGIMG_3335.JPG

Sideways between the hand brake and cup holders seems to work and easy to charge from there. Bought a weather tech holder but gets in the way of shift.

It attaches to the flat area just in front of the fuel gauge. It has a very strong sticky gummy and suction cup. It is out of the way of the key, A/C vent and radio controls. I also have one of the FM converters that I use to create a blue tooth connection to my radio. See the attached images. It's what I decided worked for me. View attachment 12995View attachment 12996View attachment 12997

Looks awkward (IMO)

Old thread, I know, but for me I'll either lay it in the passenger seat or in the larger cupholder as it's always attached to a charging cable and connected to my Bluetooth adapter, but I'll often just leave it on my thigh while driving too in case i want to shuffle my songs.

I tried all the whiz-bang options from the expensive WeatherTek cup holder phone holder to the gooseneck "stick on the dash" version above.

The confined cockpit of the TBird just isn't conducive to these do-dads IMO. I'm back to laying my iPhone 11 (plugged in to a USB CarPlay port for the radio) horizontally in the depression between the cup holders and emergency brake handle (which I never use). It doesn't slide around and isn't in the way.

No, I can't see the phone's face but everything is available via touch screen on my Kenwood dash radio.

Demo of the Kuda mount and function...

Just got mine and I'll say, this is a very nice "factory looking" device. In my opinion worth the $40. I did buy some stronger magnets for $10 and some metal plates $5 both Amazon that attach to the back of the phone for better magnet strength. So all in all about $55. You do have to watch where you put the metal plate on the phone as wireless charging may be affected. Overall A+... Wife even thought it was awesome!

You won't break a vent. I use one in my Mustang. It's made out of a rubbery material.
My vent holder works great. Phone is eye level, no eyes off the road. However, my vent unit tabs that lock into the dash were broken off when I bought it, so I use Velcro that holds it, though I want to install an elastic strap.

need a viable option for a cell phone holder for the 2003 tbird???...nothing seems to work.....

need a viable option for a cell phone holder for the 2003 tbird???...nothing seems to work.....
It attaches to the flat area just in front of the fuel gauge. It has a very strong sticky gummy and suction cup. It is out of the way of the key, A/C vent and radio controls. I also have one of the FM converters that I use to create a blue tooth connection to my radio. See the attached images. It's what I decided worked for me.
This really works well. I have it in both my tbirds. It's not awkward at all and the ac vent is not blocked. Sort of important in AZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back