2002-05 Changing Oil Step by step Instructions

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Please follow the guidelines when posting. "Chaning Oil" is not a summary of your post and does not have the model year(s).
I updated your subject for you.
model-year-TBF.jpg

Hi.
Well, what I do, is lift each side with a floor jack on the jack points and slip a 6x12 block under each tire. That gives me enough room to reach under and open the drain plug. The filter is near the front of the motor so is easily accessible. Drain, install a new filter, then lower. I use Castrol 5/20 full synthetic. Whole job takes 30 minutes.

Hope this helps,
John

JW in Dixie

Hi.
Well, what I do, is lift each side with a floor jack on the jack points and slip a 6x12 block under each tire. That gives me enough room to reach under and open the drain plug. The filter is near the front of the motor so is easily accessible. Drain, install a new filter, then lower. I use Castrol 5/20 full synthetic. Whole job takes 30 minutes.

Hope this helps,
John
How often/many miles do you change oil? Thx

Whatever you do, BE CAREFUL! I never had the opportunity to meet my grandfather. He was crushed while working under a car before I was born. My car goes to my buddy’s shop where it goes up on a proper lift.

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Whatever you do, BE CAREFUL! I never had the opportunity to meet my grandfather. He was crushed while working under a car before I was born. My car goes to my buddy’s shop where it goes up on a proper lift.
Also, it's a pain to properly dispose of oil and you don't really save that much money when the time/effort is taken into account. After you get to a certain age, it's just not worth the time effort it takes to properly recycle the oil, etc.