1994 intermittent fuse block and dash electical power | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1994 intermittent fuse block and dash electical power

• Thread starter Thread starter Poppy Red
  • Start date Start date
Poppy Red
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
My newly purchased '94 has a weird electrical problem. Most things work, a number of other circuits do not, even though all the fuses are good. The ACC circuit does not. Checked and changed the 10a fuse, the voltmeter worked for 3 days and quit again. Ther radio has no power, pulled it out and the plugs are good and tight. Anyone else had this problem? I am waiting on delivery of an electrical diagram circuit manual to start troubleshooting.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sounds like you have intermittent issues and/or multiple problems involved. A physical inspection circuits for loose, frayed corroded or butchered wiring is a good place to start while waiting on the schematic.

Received the service and electrical manuals. Didn't realize there was so much electronic "stuff" on a '94.
Finding many weird things. Some circuits that have a common feed to a light or lights, one side will work, the other doesn't. This car apparently sat out in the cold damp north of BC for many years, so I think there may be condensation/corrosion in some of the inter-connecting plugs and pins.
However, i have the necessary items working. While doing the checking/testing etc., I see some modules under the dash, which, according to the electrical book, one could be remote lock/unlock.
The only key I got with the car was a small black one, the same as ones supplied as a Valet key with cars that have fobs. Question: is there any way to contact Ford or a third party to see if I can get a fob that will work, for the remote operation?

Back