Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
M

Max Sartwell

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I just recently bought a 1969 thunderbird. It runs and drives. But there is one weird thing about it. When I put her in drive exhaust leaks into the cabin of the car. Not a little but absolutely fills the car. I can change the air conditioning dial and it changes where the exhaust flows in from. Usually, i have it on off but that's when it flows in through all the vents. When i leave it on De-Ice or De-Fog it just comes in the lower vents. And when I have her in Park this doesn't happen. Can anyone give me an idea of where the leak is coming from or if it even is an exhaust leak?

I just recently bought a 1969 thunderbird. It runs and drives. But there is one weird thing about it. When I put her in drive exhaust leaks into the cabin of the car. Not a little but absolutely fills the car. I can change the air conditioning dial and it changes where the exhaust flows in from. Usually, i have it on off but that's when it flows in through all the vents. When i leave it on De-Ice or De-Fog it just comes in the lower vents. And when I have her in Park this doesn't happen. Can anyone give me an idea of where the leak is coming from or if it even is an exhaust leak?
Hi was wondering if you ever found out the problem, I am having the same problem on my 67. Thanks

No rust holes in your car? And no I doubt you’d hear any noise coming from a leaky pipe. Well if the hole is big enough you will, but not a leak. Gotta get down there and feel around or take it the a shop.

Back