1965 suspension upgrade recommendations | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1965 suspension upgrade recommendations

• Thread starter Thread starter BXM
  • Start date Start date
BXM
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Hey everyone, looking for aftermarket suspension parts/upgrades, brake parts/upgrades, and anywhere else that has parts for 1965 birds. Mine is a Landau if it matters. I'm going to be building my 390 and I want the car to handle the extra HP and torque on the road. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Go to Summit Racing and order the following:

1. Edelbrock Aluminum Heads - SKU 60069
2. Edelbrock: 2044 - Performer RPM 418 HP Top End Kit for Mid 1963-76 Ford 390-428 FE Engines
Get proper rocker arms, push rods
You do not need to change pistons, nor rods, nor rod crank
Remove radiator, radiator fan, mechanic fuel pump
Replace cam with a police intercept cam - very important, will save you money and tamer on the street
Your will not need to replace your transmission nor your torque converter
Replace your radiator with electric duel fans with built in transmission cooler -
Replace your intake manifold with Edelbrock Aluminum high performance intake manifold
Replace your exhaust headers with 2.5 inch Sanders shorty headers
Your duel exhaust pipe will go from 2.5 " to 2.25 " with a cherry bomb resonator and a small round muffler
Replace your carburetor with a Holly EFI Sniper
Your choice of engine dress up parts & accessories
Overall HP increase: 450-525
Check with Edelbrock Technical Support
3. Suspension:
Gas Shocks
Upgrade your anti sway bars - Carolina Swaybar Mfg Inc, Linville, NC -both front and rear
Check your springs & bushings

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: BXM
Hey everyone, looking for aftermarket suspension parts/upgrades, brake parts/upgrades, and anywhere else that has parts for 1965 birds. Mine is a Landau if it matters. I'm going to be building my 390 and I want the car to handle the extra HP and torque on the road. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
Your subject "1965-Looking for aftermarket upgrade parts' is vague and not a summary of what your post is about.

Also, since the word aftermarket parts was in your title, it's common sense this goes in the PARTS DISCUSSION area, not geneal forums. Post moved, subject updated.

parts-discussion.jpg

Back