1965 Expansion Tank Filler Neck | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1965 Expansion Tank Filler Neck

• Thread starter Thread starter newenglandtbird
  • Start date Start date
newenglandtbird

newenglandtbird

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Is there a reason an expansion tank with a filler neck on the right side won't fit in place of one with the filler neck on the left side? I was unaware there were two different designs until I went to order a new unit. I cannot tell any size difference from photos, and it appears the hose and block connections are in the same place. It appears that my original left-side filler unit is out of stock everywhere, but the right side ones are still available. It also looks as though the aftermarket stainless units have a right side filler. Would hate to order one up to find out it doesn't line up or hits something I'm not seeing.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't know about a 65 but the expansion tank on a 59 with the filler neck on the passenger side will hit the hood.

I got my stainless tank for my '65 from Leadfoot Racing in california, it works great and I bought a new radiator
from them too, good luck!

Back