1965 Expansion Tank Filler Neck

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
newenglandtbird

newenglandtbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is there a reason an expansion tank with a filler neck on the right side won't fit in place of one with the filler neck on the left side? I was unaware there were two different designs until I went to order a new unit. I cannot tell any size difference from photos, and it appears the hose and block connections are in the same place. It appears that my original left-side filler unit is out of stock everywhere, but the right side ones are still available. It also looks as though the aftermarket stainless units have a right side filler. Would hate to order one up to find out it doesn't line up or hits something I'm not seeing.

I don't know about a 65 but the expansion tank on a 59 with the filler neck on the passenger side will hit the hood.

I got my stainless tank for my '65 from Leadfoot Racing in california, it works great and I bought a new radiator
from them too, good luck!

Back