1964 how close are your tires to wheel skirts? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1964 how close are your tires to wheel skirts?

• Thread starter Thread starter stevetheweave1
  • Start date Start date
S

stevetheweave1

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Need new rims on car, all the 15 in rims I am looking at are 3.75 backspace. If I can still do my math that looks like space between tire and wheel skirt will be around 1/4 inch? Does that small gap sound right, if so I see why so many Birds don't wear their skirts.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

On my 64 I went with 3.375 backspace and it is pretty tight getting the locking bar in and out. My wheels were from Summit

Back