1957 Skirts don’t fit after new Coker tires

You might take a look at your wheels to make sure there isn't a bend in them that would cause it to rub in one area. Balancing involves both the tires and the wheels.
rubbing tight 360 degrees.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You have to be lucky to get a response from Coker, 3 out of 4 new Coker tyres on our 57 developed bulges these were returned to the supply company here in NZ nine months ago!! To date zero response. Good luck.
Lets hope luck stays on my side. I will keep you posted

Bought new Coker tires 205 75 14. Same tires that were on just wanted new ones. Now the fender skirts are to close to the tires the sides even hit the skirts. Is there any rims that would recess the tire so it is in from the wheel well. I have seen the posts on adjusting the locks but that will not work. The old tires worked fine And the new ones are the same size but appear to wider once installed
The story continue. Coker has shipped out 4 new tires to replace the ones that just did not balance correctly. I have my rims out for powder coating and they will mount my new Coker radials and balance them. The issue with the fender skirts and the tires not fitting was the rims on the rear of the car have a significant offset on them to facilitate the skirts fitting properly. Did not notice the difference until I looked to solve the skirt issue. The rear rims have a positive offset of almost 2 1/2 inches more than the front rims. Check your rims when confronting rear fender skirt problems. Lesson learned!

I had to return 4 tires from Coker due to poor balance as well.

They were good on the return and replacement. But clearly their quality control is lacking.

Back